Regional Human Resource Manager, Africa
Position Title: Regional Human Resources Manager, Africa
Client: Nutrition International - https://www.nutritionintl.org/
Reports Directly to/Position Title: Sr. Director, People and Culture
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Overall Purpose/Broad Function:
The Regional Human Resources Manager provides HR advice and functional expertise to regional and country staff.
Reporting to the Sr. Director People and Culture, the Regional Human Resources Manager ensures that NI’s HR policies and practices are applied and followed consistently in the Regional Office and Country offices. He/she oversees the regional human resources functions, including: Recruitment & Selection, Policy Administration, Performance Management, Training & Development, Benefit Administration, and Employee Relations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Recruitment & Selection
· Works with regional management team and HR Director to identify and implement regional talent management options in line with HR vision of NI.
· Provides advice and active support to managers throughout the recruitment process, such as:
· Identify resourcing options and strategies
· Develop job descriptions and candidate profiles in consultations with Managers
· Develop resourcing strategies
· Develop assessment material
· Conduct interviews
· Ensure adherence to NI HR policies
· Perform reference and background checks
· Prepare and deliver offer documents in line with NI policies and delegated authorities
· Monitors HR best practices for efficiencies or other innovation in regional/NI recruitment.
· Policy Administration
· Ensures HR policies and practices are followed by management and staff
· Alerts RD and HR Director to breaches of policies and practices.
· Makes recommendations to RD and HR Director regarding policy changes
· Advises the HR director on regional customization or development of global HR policies.
· Provides advice and coaching to regional staff in HR matters
· Monitors organizational health and briefs Regional Director and Human Resources Director, as required.
· Advocates on behalf of employees to ensure procedural fairness in the application of HR policies and practices
· Oversees the administration of NIs regional benefits plans
· Monitors benefits programs provided by similar organizations to ensure NI provides a competitive offering
· Administers timesheet applications and HRIS
Ensures NI’s regional and country offices are compliant with local employment legislation.
Stays current on changes to employment law and recommends changes and updates to NI practices as required.
Training & Development
· Works with the RD and Director of HR to develop and implement training and development programs in regional and country offices
· Administration of NI’s training and development policies including training reimbursement
· Works with the Director of HR to ensure NI’s Performance and Appraisal Review (PAR) process is implemented and administered within the region
· Provides training and support to employees and managers on performance management best practices
· Participates as a member of the global HR team providing reporting, program implementation and other HR duties as required.
· University degree in HR, Business, or related field is required.
· Certification by a national or international HR institution (CHRP, SHRM) preferred.
· Masters’ degree and other professional certification is an asset
· A minimum of 7 years’ of progressive experience in HR
· Significant experience in recruitment & selection for senior and highly technical roles
· Experience in developing or implementing HR projects, such as HRIS, employee surveys, compensation systems
· Knowledge of HR legislation within the Africa Region
· Fluency in English and one regional language is required.
· Fluency in one or more additional regional/local languages is an asset
· Travel to country offices and occasional international travel may be required.
Nutrition International has hired Global Recruitment Specialists to assist with sourcing applicants for this position. Candidates are welcome to contact GRS with inquiries or to apply directly with a cover letter and CV to:
Patrick Shields, Search Manager
Global Recruitment Specialists "Positioning You for Success"
Norwalk, CT 06851 USA
Telephone: +1- 203-899-0499
Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. The client complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
This job description can and will be amended as required from time to time.