MANAGER, COMMUNICATIONS (EUROPE)
MANAGER, COMMUNICATIONS (EUROPE)
Client: Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) https://rspo.org/about
The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) is a not-for-profit, international membership
organisation that is working to transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm. To do this,
we have united stakeholders from all sectors of the palm oil supply chain and civil society to develop
and implement global standards for sustainable palm oil production and procurement.
Since its inception in 2004, RSPO has enjoyed rapid growth and today has 5,000 members from 101
countries, including oil palm producers, processors, traders, consumer goods manufacturers, retailers,
banks, and non-governmental organisations. Thanks to the commitments and actions of these
members, nearly 20% of the global supply of palm oil has already been certified as sustainable.
At RSPO, we believe that a not-for-profit organisation is made successful by the passion, skills, and
expertise of its members and staff. They are the ones who drive our organisation to new heights and
guide us through the next phase of our development.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing & Communications, the Communications Manager will be
responsible for supporting RSPO communications and member related engagement in Europe aligned
with the objectives of the Stakeholder Engagement Department and the European Office. Focus will be
on reputation management and strengthening the commitment of RSPO members and stakeholders
in Europe via an effective communications strategy.
The location of this role is Europe.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
· Implement communications activities, in consultation with the Head of Marketing & Communications and the Deputy Director, EMEA. Relatedly, provide input to the Stakeholder
· Engagement Department to develop communication materials that are relevant for the various stakeholders in the region.
· Coordinate and support dissemination of RSPO European communications as well as technical and localised materials for key countries, across various formats and channels.
· Coordinate and support the planning and implementation of media/communication campaigns to promote awareness of sustainable palm oil, the RSPO Trademark and the uptake of RSPO
· Certified Sustainable Palm Oil (CSPO) in Europe.
· Gather, organise and draft information to enable RSPO to respond to media requests and crisis/issue management in a timely and accurate manner.
· Understand the media environment/landscape in this region and to cultivate good rapport and engagement with priority media titles.
· Assist with research and production of materials for presentations and/or interviews by the
· Deputy Director, EMEA and the Director of Stakeholder Engagement and designate(s). This includes commissioning content for the region and managing a regional inventory of RSPO communication assets.
· Support in responding to general enquiries from members, potential members and media in Europe, including:
· Ensuring members are supported with timely and accurate information and services
· Maintaining and regularly updating the stakeholder database for Europe
· Supporting regional activities to engage and build rapport with members
· Support the European team with all communication elements for the organisation of regional roadshows and workshops to strengthen member engagement, in consultation with the Deputy Director of EMEA and the Events Manager.
· Apart from the duties stated above, to perform any duty or duties reasonably assigned by the Senior Communications Manager and/or the Head of Marketing and Communications.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
· A university degree in any discipline.
· A minimum of six years working experience, with sound experience in PR, Communications and/or membership organisations.
· Strong organisational and communication skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
TECHNICAL & PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE
· Familiar with all forms of communication formats (print, audio, video, social media)
· Able to work in a multistakeholder and international environment.
· Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and interact with different stakeholders.
· Professional fluency in English is a must with excellent communication skills, and a strong preference for fluency in French.
· Proficiency in an additional European language(s) is highly desirable.
· Ability to establish cooperation and rapport with internal and external parties of different backgrounds and/or nationalities.
· High integrity and a good team player.
· Goal-oriented and organised.
· Self-motivated and self-directed.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Systematic and good organisational skills.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an
international multi-stakeholder organisation, where making a difference to People, Planet and Prosperity
is not just a statement, but what we passionately believe in.
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role that
offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
RSPO has contracted Global Recruitment Specialists to assist with this recruitment effort. Please email a cover letter and updated resume/CV to:
Donna Gillotte, Recruiter
Global Recruitment Specialists "Positioning You for Success"
Norwalk, CT 06851 USA
Telephone: +1- 203-899-0499
**RSPO is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted
candidates will be notified.