Grants Compliance Specialist
Grants Compliance Specialist
Client: Doctors of the World USA - https://doctorsoftheworld.org/where-we-work/united-states/
Location: Remote – Candidates based on NYC or Washington; DC are highly desirable. Time zones of GMT Westward to Central Time USA preferred
About Doctors of the World USA
Doctors of the World (DoTW) is the US chapter of the Médecins du Monde (MdM) International Network, a global health and humanitarian organization with a focus on human rights that provides emergency and long-term medical care to vulnerable populations while fighting for equal access to healthcare worldwide. DoTW is a small but growing organization with increasing influence in the MdM International Network.
Doctors of the World values healthcare as a fundamental right and is committed to improving access to quality medical services for populations affected by systemic inequities including poverty, lack of access to healthcare, housing and education, conflict, or natural disasters. DoTW provides services under all circumstances, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, age, or political beliefs. DoTW bears witness to health inequity worldwide. Globally, our network has deep expertise in five main program pillars: sexual and reproductive health and rights; migrants and refugees; mental health; harm reduction; and disaster response.
Doctors of the World USA (DoTW) is seeking a Grants Compliance Specialist to support the Grants Department with pre-award, award, and post-award processes for US Government awards, primarily from USAID/BHA. The Grants and Compliance Specialist will report to the Grants Manager. He/She will support the pre-award and post-award phases of the project cycle with a focus on the development of concept notes and applications, contractual agreements and memorandum of understandings, budgets, and reports. He/She will oversee a portfolio comprising of several awards from the development phase through the close-out phase.
The Grants and Compliance Specialist will review all programmatic and financial documents to ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations and DoTW procedures, prior to submission to the donor.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
· Work with DoTW partners to review and submit concept note(s) and application(s) to donors.
· Ensure that all documents submitted to donors in compliance with USAID/BHA rules and regulations or the U.S. State Department regulations.
· Manage and review grant award budgets to ensure that expenses are in line with 2 CFR 200 regulations and the award agreement.
· Review and submit proposals through USAID/BHA and State Department databases
· Review and submit programmatic quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports to BHA Application and Award Management Portal (AAMP) or SAMS Domestic
· Review and submit financial reports to the Payment Management System (PMS)
· Prepare/update and review Memorandum of Understandings (MOUs) prior to Executive Director signature
· Manage submission of proposals, reports, and other compliance requirements through donor agency online system(s)
· Manage (develop new) project management tools including project workflows, trackers, and timelines to monitor project financial expenditures, period of performances and requirements
· Provide guidance to DoTW partners on USAID/BHA rules and regulations and States Department guidelines
· Administer compliance training to DoTW partners on 2 CFR 200, ADS 303, Standard Provisions and other USG regulations
· Other duties as applicable and needed. Required Knowledge and Experience
· A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience working with USAID and BHA funded projects. Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred
· In-depth knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations
· Knowledge of financial management requirements for Grants and Cooperative Agreements is a key requirement for this position
· Experience working with BHA/USAID, Department of State BPRM and other US agencies in humanitarian and emergency settings
· Expert at coordinating proposal development processes for USG funding and intimate understanding of the contents of a proposal package
· Understanding financial accounting and the USG financial reporting systems
· Ability to develop training materials and administer trainings for DoTW partners
· Successful track record working with teams on implementation, management and reporting for USAID grants
· Exceptional writing and oral skills
· Ability to work independently
· Extensive experience working with program budgets, results frameworks, and Design, Monitoring & Evaluation systems
Fluent spoken and written English required; working knowledge of or fluency in French is highly desired.
Immediate. This position will be remote. Candidates based on NYC or Washington; DC are highly desirable.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Doctors of the World offers a competitive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, a 403(b)-retirement plan with employer contribution, flexible spending account, and a generous paid time off policy.
DoTW has hired Global Recruitment Specialists to assist with recruitment effort. Please send your cover letter, resume to:
Jill Solomon, Senior Recruiter
Global Recruitment Specialists "Positioning You for Success"
Norwalk, CT 06851 USA
Telephone: +1- 203-899-0499
Doctors of the World USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages Black, Indigenous, People of Color, women, disabled and LGBTQ people to apply