Country Director - DKT International — Pakistan
Country Director - DKT International — Pakistan
Client: DKT International: https://www.dktinternational.org/about/
Location: Karachi, Pakistan
DKT International seeks a Country Director for operations in Pakistan. This program will provide family planning and HIV prevention options through the marketing and sale of a range of contraceptive products, including condoms. In addition, a clinic network program with more than 1,000 partner clinics is well established. DKT is also a close partner to the government and NGOs, providing much needed products and services. Increasing distribution into, expanding, and building brands, and introducing a range of new products will be important to growing program impact. The program should further develop a strong brand platform and entrepreneurial orientation, while maintaining a focus on health impact. A parallel objective is to build programmatic sustainability through cost-recovery, product cross-segmentation, and social entrepreneurship. The program is well funded, including from donors, but approximately 40-50% of funding is self-generated from revenues.
· Direct, manage, and implement the DKT Pakistan social marketing program to deliver demonstrated impact and results.
· Oversee and resolve a wide range of in-country executive, financial, administrative-related issues with little direct HQ support.
· Continue building financial sustainability through cost-recovery and increased revenue generation.
· Negotiate such matters as product registrations with government entities.
· Ensure successful launch of new reproductive health products
· Lead the conceptualization and implementation of marketing, sales and behavior change campaigns for a range of products.
· Direct and utilize various media: radio, TV, print, Internet, to reach people with much-needed information about HIV/AIDS and family planning.
· Support the fight against HIV/AIDS by ensuring availability of condoms, focusing on high-risk populations, and providing culturally appropriate information about HIV/AIDS.
· Manage, cultivate, and develop relationships with donors, government,
· NGOs, social entrepreneurs, businesspeople, and community groups.
· Raise funds from donors in order to grow the program.
· Deliver and increase sales of contraceptives and condoms.
· Strengthen capacity of health care providers to provide affordable and effective family planning and HIV/AIDS prevention services.
· Manage and report on all product sales and program activities on a monthly basis.
· Demonstrated entrepreneurial experience in marketing and sales or social marketing programs. Experience in creating high-quality teams and/or
successfully scaling a business, nonprofit or social initiative is a plus.
· College degree, preferably in business management / health management / marketing.
· Proven track record of fiscal management experience. Ability to manage a budget and/or P&L.
· Management experience in strategy development and marketing. Ability to manage and relate well to staff from a developing country.
· Demonstrated ability to hire and provide oversight to staff and contract consultants as needed.
· Networking skills: demonstrated ability to network and liaise with local nationals, donors, NGOs, government entities, business professionals.
· Conversant in issues of international public health (especially reproductive health).
· Understanding of and appreciation for working in low-resource settings with weak rule of law, poor commercial infrastructures, and developing commercial practices.
· Oral and written English skills required.
· Previous experience in a developing country (especially South Asia).
· Willingness to be posted to other DKT offices at some point in the future
· The candidate must share DKTs enthusiasm for providing and promoting contraceptives in developing countries and should enjoy and be comfortable with all aspects of family planning and reproductive health, including abortion. The ideal candidate may be transferred from one assignment to another country after four to five years.
· This position requires a person who is accustomed to and enjoys working largely on his/her own with minimal supervision, a person who likes to
manage programs and be accountable for the results. Should have strong time management, organizational, and relationship-building skills. Candidates
should be results oriented, success-driven, self-motivated, problem solving, comfortable with risk-taking, impatient with bureaucracy. A very strong sense of ethics, honesty, and integrity are assumed.
Since 1989, the nonprofit organization DKT International has been promoting family planning and HIV/AIDS prevention through social marketing in the developing world.
DKT International has hired Global Recruitment Specialists to assist with this recruitment effort.
Please send your resume/CV and cover letter expressing interest in the position and the organization to:
Jill Solomon, Senior Recruiter
Global Recruitment Specialists "Positioning You for Success"
Norwalk, CT 06851 USA
Telephone: +1- 203-899-0499
** DKT is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.