Country Director Egypt and Middle East
Country Director - DKT International Egypt and Middle East Job Description
Client: DKT International https://www.dktinternational.org/country-programs/egypt/
Location: Cairo, EGYPT
DKT International seeks a Country Director for operations in Egypt and the Middle East Region. This social business will provide family planning, safe abortion, and HIV prevention products, services, and technology through the marketing and sale of a range of contraceptive and reproductive health products, including condoms. This includes both fast moving consumer goods as well as ethical / pharmaceutical categories. The Egypt operation is well established and has served as the launchpad for regional expansion covering numerous countries including Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, and Sudan. The case of growth is significant.
Opportunities and responsibilities will focus on:
1. Building distribution in these countries with an existing portfolio of products,
2. Driving demand for product uptake through brand development and innovative, sex-positive marketing,
3. Increasing the capacity and skills of health providers to better deliver care and services.
While DKT International is a non-for-profit social enterprise, a key objective is to build sustainability through cost-recovery, product cross-segmentation, and the use of business-minded practices and approaches. The program is currently funded through sales revenues as well as from DKT International’ parent company in the USA. We expect there are opportunities to raise funds from donor agencies that are interested in the reproductive health space in the Middle East and in humanitarian settings.
· Direct, manage, and implement a social marketing enterprise to deliver demonstrated impact and results (sales).
· Oversee and resolve a wide range of in-country executive, financial, administrative-related issues with little direct HQ support.
· Continue building financial sustainability through cost-recovery and increased revenue generation.
· Negotiate such matters as product registrations with government entities.
· Ensure successful launch of new reproductive health products
· Lead the conceptualization and implementation of marketing, sales and behavior change campaigns for a range of products.
· Direct and utilize various media: radio, TV, print, Internet, to reach people with much-needed information about HIV/AIDS and family planning.
· Support the fight against HIV/AIDS by ensuring availability of condoms, focusing on high-risk populations, and providing culturally appropriate information about HIV/AIDS.
· Manage, cultivate, and develop relationships with donors, government, NGOs, social entrepreneurs, businesspeople, and community groups.
· Raise funds from donors in order to grow the operation.
· Deliver and increase sales of contraceptives and condoms.
· Strengthen capacity of health care providers to provide affordable and effective family planning and HIV/AIDS prevention services.
· Manage and report on all product sales and program activities on a monthly basis.
· Demonstrated entrepreneurial experience in marketing and sales or social marketing programs. Experience in creating high-quality teams and/or successfully scaling a business, nonprofit or social initiative is a plus.
· College degree, preferably in business management / health management / marketing.
· Proven track record of fiscal management experience. Ability to manage a budget and/or P&L.
· Management experience in strategy development and marketing. Ability to manage and relate well to staff from a developing country.
· Demonstrated ability to hire and provide oversight to staff and contract consultants as needed.
· Networking skills: demonstrated ability to network and liaise with local nationals, donors, NGOs, government entities, business professionals.
· Conversant in issues of international public health (especially reproductive health).
· Understanding of and appreciation for working in low-resource settings with weak rule of law, poor commercial infrastructures, and developing commercial practices.
· Oral and written English skills required.
· Arabic language skill is highly desirable.
· Previous experience in a developing country (especially Africa).
· Willingness to be posted to other DKT offices at some point in the future
The candidate must share DKTs enthusiasm for providing and promoting contraceptives in developing countries and should enjoy and be comfortable with all aspects of family planning and reproductive health, including abortion. The ideal candidate may be transferred from one assignment to another country after four to five years. This position requires a person who is accustomed to and enjoys working largely on his/her own with modest supervision, a person who likes to manage programs and be accountable for the results. Should have strong time management, organizational, and relationship-building skills.
Candidates should be results oriented, success-driven, self-motivated, problem solving, comfortable with risk-taking, impatient with bureaucracy. A very strong sense of ethics, honesty, and integrity are assumed.
Company Description Since 1989, the nonprofit organization DKT International has been promoting contraception, condoms, and safe abortion products, services, and technology. We are one of the largest such organizations in the world with impact in more than 100 countries. Our core values include:
1. treat people the right way,
5. deep trust, and
DKT International has hired Global Recruitment Specialists to assist with this recruitment effort.
Please send your resume/CV and cover letter expressing interest in the position and the organization to:
Jill Solomon, Senior Recruiter
Global Recruitment Specialists "Positioning You for Success"
Norwalk, CT 06851 USA
Telephone: +1- 203-899-0499
** DKT is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.