Senior International Public Financial Management / Capital Markets Expert
Senior International Public Financial Management / Capital Markets Expert – Job Description
Client: Integra LLC - http://www.integrallc.com/
Location: Remote (Asia Preferred)
Period of Performance: April 2022 – September 2023
Level of Effort: 60+ days
Integra Government Services International (Integra), USAID’s 2021 small business of the year, specializes in implementing demand-driven development analytics, monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL), private sector engagement, and capacity-building projects. Our technical expertise encompasses ICT, agriculture and food security, economic growth, energy, climate resilience, environment and natural resources, and gender and social inclusion. We have provided analytical and MEL services to donor-funded projects for over ten years, working across more than 50 different countries, impacting millions of stakeholders, and leveraging over $1.2 billion in public and private investment for development reforms.
Activity Scope of Work
Integra is supporting USAID/Vietnam through the Asia Emerging Opportunities (AEO) mechanism for support related to public financial management (PFM) in Vietnam. Through consultations with the Ministry of Finance, the follow areas have been identified for support:
1. Assessing policy impacts in the financial and budgetary sector and supporting in forecasting of state budget revenues and expenditures to improve the quality of consulting, policy making and forecasting for the MOF, and support to improve the capacity and expertise in policy impact assessment and state budget revenue forecasting for the officials of the National Institute for Finance through support the training on econometric methods to assess the impact of the implementation of financial policies on enterprises, the sectoral economy and state budget revenue; and support to develop report on state budget revenue forecasting.
2. Completing the legal framework to regulate the security market in the period of 2021-2025: Completing the legal framework for green bond issuance, developing a Program to establish a capital trading market for start-ups to submit the Prime Minister for promulgation, and studying, developing, and piloting debt securitization products, based on that, developing legal framework for debt securitization products that traded on the security market.
3. Training to improve capacity and knowledge for officials of the MOF on creative financial products and other fields: focus on capacity building for the officials of the State Securities Commission (SSC) in the management of detecting, handling, and preventing fraudulent activities and manipulation activities on underlying securities market and derivatives securities market to improve the capacity of inspection and enforcement on the security market.
4. Others: Developing a risk-based capital model for Vietnamese insurance market and will contribute as a valuable reference source for the development of the Law on Insurance Business (amended) and its guiding documents (Decree, Circulars, etc.); Studying the United States experience to develop reports on trade, tariffs, and financial services. The results of these activities will be the basis for guiding import-export, e-commerce, financial services policies, studying the trade policy of Vietnam and the US, and giving trade policy orientations of Vietnam.
The Senior International PFM Expert will work with the Integra Country Lead, the Integra Vietnam PFM Expert, and a range of local and international consultants to implement on the above scope of work. The Expert will lead technical work on capital markets, but also provide quality oversight to other consultant outputs. The Expert should have prior technical work experience supporting public finance agencies in developing and emerging economies. Technical experience should include:
· Fiscal Policy and Management including experience on tax policy and administration at all government levels; gender-responsive budgeting and expenditure management; tax and non-tax revenue forecasting and projections for fiscal analysis.
· Public Financial Planning, Debt Operations and Debt Management including internal and external government debt issuance and management; debt refinancing operations; data collection and information systems to provide central monitoring on governmental debt.
· Monetary Policy, Banking and Central Bank Operations including credit and interest rate issues, measurement, monitoring and control of key monetary aggregates, structure of banking systems and its regulatory framework, structure and operation of the payments systems, and capital and financial market development.
· Macroeconomic Policy Coordination/Integration including research and/or technical assistance ion all aspects of macroeconomic policy coordination, e.g., harmonizing fiscal, monetary, public debt management, and trade and exchange policies.
· MA/MS degree in PFM or relevant field
- At least 10 years of experience on donor-funded technical assistance programs for PFM assessment and reform processes
- Proven ability to deliver in a complex and politically charged environment
- Ability to work independently and work with multicultural teams to achieve results
- Experience working in developing countries and the flexibility to travel and work across different continents. Experience in Vietnam or South-East Asia preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders
Integra LLC has hired GRS to assist with sourcing applicants for this position. Candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to:
Patrick Shields, Search Manager
Global Recruitment Specialists "Positioning You for Success"
Norwalk, CT 06851 USA
Telephone: +1- 203-899-0499
Integra LLC Supports a Diverse and Inclusive Culture