Vice President of Global Programs and Operations
Vice President of Global Programs and Operations
Client: Children International (https://www.children.org )
Location: Any location although Central Time Zone USA (UTC -6) preferred (home office: Missouri, USA)
Requirements: Fluent English and Spanish languages as well as international travel
Children International, a $100 million international humanitarian organization, is seeking a seasoned, visionary, senior executive leader ready to make a difference, multiply good in the world and help change the course of history.
Our vision and mission
Our vision is to bring people together to end generational poverty through programs focused on health, education, empowerment through life skills and, ultimately, employment. A unique, long-term, customized approach, this allows us to stay with our children and youth for the first two decades of their lives.
Today, Children International directly invests in more than 200,000 children, youth and young adults through 13 agencies in 10 countries around the world.
Our work is made possible by generous and caring sponsors, donors, corporations, more than 8,000 dedicated volunteers and approximately 1,500 employees. To ensure our programs give children, youth and young adults the best possible chance of breaking the poverty cycle, we are elevating our end-to-end systems, operations and our practices for growing our talent worldwide. That is where you come in.
The Vice President of Global Programs and Operations, reports to the COO in our Kansas City international headquarters, and is accountable for leading the implementation of CIs Theory of Change including strategy, operational alignment and program execution in partnership with our global agencies to deliver on desired outcomes for children, youth and young adults around the world.
This leader will be accountable for integrating partners and resources- internal and external- to strengthen our overall program execution and effectiveness. This executive will work closely with our Fundraising team to deliver on effective grant management, execution, and reporting for Sponsorship programs. She/ he will be a systems thinker and thought leader who designs for and integrates partners to deliver the most effective outcomes.
As a key member of the executive team, he/she will help envision a future with even greater reach and impact and will lead the global operating organization towards that vision. This people leader strives to create a high-performance values based culture, sees potential and thrives on developing the next generation of leaders.
This position is critical to the future of Children International and provides an exciting opportunity to create cohesion and alignment across our organization to increase scale and impact in line with the mission of CI.
We are looking for a passionate advocate for children. Top candidates will be exemplary communicators, superb leaders with robust operations expertise and a good understanding of child, youth and community development and sustainability.
What will you be responsible for?
1. Envisions and designs the program strategy, in partnership with the senior leadership team and global agencies
2. Embraces innovation, conceives experiments, learns and can scale
Program Execution and Alignment
1. Leads the execution of all aspects of the CI programs through a network of local empowered agencies including contextualized program design, program delivery, sponsorship and other program fulfillment, and monitoring and evaluation
2. As the leader focused on child and youth impact, integrate and align goals and priorities for the local agencies and with all supporting and technical functions- Global Talent Growth, Global IT, Procurement and Finance- to leverage CI assets, ensure global integrity, and effective and efficient operations to deliver on intended programmatic outcomes.
3. Provide leadership to building capacity in our local agencies, communities and with key partners to expand the impact for the children, youth and families we serve as well as to grow the reach for our impact.
4. Build a continuous improvement culture that embraces problems, encourages iterative solution development and drives effective change management.
5. Engages broadly with aspects of agency governance to manage risk for the entire organization and the unique agencies. Engage with the global agencies’ Boards of Directors, as needed, to ensure they are working in accordance with policies established in the Articles of Incorporation and CI guidelines and maximize opportunities for local support to the CI mission.
6. Partners with fundraising in the development of fundable products and ensures delivery of the requirements outlined.
1. Leads and models deep collaboration, partnership, and problem-solving between both field-based, regional and headquarters teams to prioritize, optimize, sponsor and lead initiatives to deliver ultimate impact.
2. Creates the framework for agency contextualization and decision-making in order to build agency capacity and alignment.
3. Coaches, develops, and retains high potential performers with an emphasis on developing the next generation of leaders.
4. Models and ensures CI values are lived out globally in all relations with staff, volunteers, children, youth and young adults, families, and partners in the community. Promotes diversity and inclusion, values other cultures, and demonstrates respect while relating with all organizational constituents irrespective of their race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, caste, disabilities, experiences, beliefs and ethnicity.
Competencies and Qualifications:
1. 15+ years of overall professional experience including leading a dispersed, international team, with a minimum of ten years of senior-leadership experience managing an experienced, cross-functional staff, across a broad geography
2. Experience in the international development and/or non-profit sector.
3. Experience in capacity building and organizational strengthening leading to improved program design and execution. Operating model transformation experience a plus.
4. Demonstrated experience in building external partnerships to optimize resource utilization and impact
5. Solid educational background including an undergraduate degree. MBA or similar advanced degree a plus, but not required
6. Passion for children and youth and making a difference in the world
7. General knowledge of business practices, law, and social and economic conditions of developing countries
8. Proven people leadership skills, leadership development, team engagement, coaching and change management skills
9. Demonstrated multi-cultural sensitivity and leading of diverse remote work teams.
10. Articulate communicator with excellent interpersonal, persuasive and listening skills.
11. Track record for delivering sustainable results
12. Fluency in English and Spanish required
13. Significant travel required
Children International has hired Global Recruitment Specialists to assist with sourcing applicants for this position. Candidates are welcome to contact GRS with inquires or to apply directly with a cover letter and CV to the link below:
Patrick Shields, Search Manager
Global Recruitment Specialists "Positioning You for Success"
Norwalk, CT 06851 USA
Telephone: +1- 203-899-0499
Apply to the position: Vice President of Global Programs and Operations (Click the Link below): https://www.cognitoforms.com/GlobalResume1/VPGlobalProgramsAndOperationsChildrenInternational
Children International Supports a Diverse and Inclusive Culture