SMALLHOLDER PROGRAMME MANAGER (AFRICA)
SMALLHOLDER PROGRAMME MANAGER (AFRICA)
Client: Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) https://rspo.org/about
Reporting: to the Head of Smallholder Unit
Location: preferred location of this role is Ivory Coast, West Africa.
Required: Working proficiency in English and French is required.
The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) is a not-for-profit, international membership organisation that is working to transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm. To do this, we have united stakeholders from all sectors of the palm oil supply chain and civil society to develop and implement global standards for sustainable palm oil production and procurement.
Since its inception in 2004, RSPO has enjoyed rapid growth and today has close to 5,000 members from 99 countries, including oil palm producers, processors, traders, consumer goods manufacturers, retailers, banks, and non-governmental organisations. Thanks to the commitment and actions of these members, nearly 20% of the global supply of palm oil has already been certified as sustainable.
At RSPO, we believe that a not-for-profit organisation is made successful by the passion, skills, and expertise of its people. They are the ones who drive our organisation to new heights and guide us through the next phases of our development.
Reporting to the Head of Smallholder Unit, the Smallholder Programme Manager (Africa) will be responsible for taking the lead in providing support for the inclusion of African smallholders in the RSPO supply chain in line with the RSPO Smallholder Strategy.
The preferred location of this role is Ivory Coast, West Africa.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
· To lead and provide assistance to stakeholders in Africa towards understanding and implementing the RSPO standards and related certification processes for smallholders.
· To be RSPO's focal point for all smallholder-related matters in Africa, and act as a liaison between stakeholders in the region and the other departments internally to ensure timely delivery of services for smallholders.
· To proactively facilitate the formation of new smallholder groups and engagement of existing smallholder groups, ensuring their inclusion in the RSPO system.
· To proactively and continually provide technical support to smallholders to further the RSPO's objectives to improve livelihood, attain certification, and widen market access.
· To implement the work plan of the RSPO Smallholder Trainer Academy and its related activities in Africa.
· To assist in the development and implementation of relevant organisational activities, i.e. road shows, workshops, etc. in the region.
· To manage and monitor the implementation of RSPO supported smallholder projects in Africa.
· Apart from the duties stated above, to perform any duty or duties reasonably assigned.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
· A bachelor's degree in Environmental Science/Management, Agronomy, Sustainability, or other related majors.
· At least five years of experience within the sustainability sphere related to oil palm or other agricultural commodities.
TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE
· Knowledge of the oil palm sector in Africa and knowledge of agricultural commodity certification.
· Working proficiency in English and French is required.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and interact with different stakeholders.
· Ability to establish cooperation and rapport with internal and external parties of different backgrounds and/or nationalities.
· High integrity and a good team player.
· Goal-oriented and organised.
· Self-motivated and self-directed.
· Ability to manage a team under pressure.
· Strong in strategic and negotiation skills.
WHAT'S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an international multi-stakeholder organisation, where making a difference to People, Planet and Prosperity is not just a statement, but what we passionately believe in. Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role that offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
RSPO has contracted Global Recruitment Specialists to assist with this recruitment effort. Please email a cover letter and updated resume/CV to:
Patrick Shields, Search Manager
Global Recruitment Specialists "Positioning You for Success"
Norwalk, CT 06851 USA
Telephone: +1- 203-899-0499
* *RSPO is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.