Senior Group Projects Director
Client: The Axios Group - www.axios-group.com
Location: Washington DC
The Axios Group comprises of Axios International and the Axios Foundation. Together they provide strategic consulting and implementation services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, health care providers and other governmental and non-governmental organizations to increase access to medicines, diagnostics and healthcare in emerging economies. Founded in 1997, AI and AF continue to break new ground in the design and implementation of one-of-a-kind, sustainable market access solutions.
Axios International (AI) is a global healthcare consulting company specialized in the delivery of patient-focused market expansion strategies for the private sector.
Axios Foundation (AF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to increasing access to healthcare thorough health system improvements and local capacity building.
With nearly 20 years of focused experience in access to care in emerging markets, Axios brings a number of unique advantages to its clients and partners:
- Proprietary methodologies and tools help formulate, manage and evaluate strategies and programs to deliver optimal results.
- Global network of decision-makers and key opinion leaders in 100 plus countries allows for significant intervention capabilities and a comprehensive repository of local data and expertise.
- Multi-disciplinary teams of access strategy and implementation specialists across Africa, Asia, Latin America, U.S., Europe and the Middle East – specializing in health policy, economics and financing, laboratory and clinical management, drug logistics, social and epidemiological research, communications and human resources management.
Over 9 million people have received tests or treatments through Axios-managed programs.
To learn more about Axios, visit www.axios-group.com
The Group Projects Director of the Axios Group will be a senior business leader who will oversee and direct project operations for both Axios Foundation (AF) and Axios International, Inc. (AI Inc), manage and strengthen client relationships, and lead successful business development activities. This is a dual role managing activities for both companies in DC as well as in the field, and reporting respectively to the CEO of each company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as the Axios representative and the responsible person for both Axios companies in Washington DC
- Oversee Project Operations:
- Oversee all AF projects in the field and the relevant AF Project Directors
- Oversee and manage AI Inc’s subcontract with, and relationship with, Chemonics/PSM
- Oversee and/or manage future AF and AI Inc projects as they arise
- Support the management of AI Inc’s IDIQ and Task Order contracts with USAID
- Successfully manage and develop Client Relationships as follows:
- Develop relationships with USAID Washington as well as relevant USAID Missions
- Manage and develop relationships with AF and AI Inc clients and subcontractors, esp in the DC area
- Drive successful Business Development activities, in collaboration with the companies’ existing business development resources and expertise, to:
- Identify, strategically prioritize, and plan responses to future project opportunities
- Lead and manage the proposal development team, ensuring high quality, on-time proposals
- Other Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to the Axios team in DC and Project Directors oversees, ensuring clarity over plans and priorities, and encouraging effective team-work.
- Work closely with the companies’ Financial Controllers to ensure strong standards of management and accounting for donor funds and monetary assets.
- Ensure implementation of all programs within their budget with a view to increasing or at least protecting the company’s financial reserves.
- Ensures that implementation and reporting schedules are fully met for all programs.
- Oversee strategic recruitment to support business growth and contract requirements.
- Undertake travel to international offices.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Public Health, Business Administration or other relevant field
- 10 years’ experience with at least 5 years managing mid to large scale supply chain and/or health systems strengthening program(s) preferably in developing countries
- Established relationships and experience with USAID’s Global Health Bureau is desirable
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing teams of Senior Level Managers and Technical Specialists
- Clear understanding of contracts and grants, especially with USAID, Global Fund and DFID.
- Strong diplomatic, coordination and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with stakeholders in multiple sectors.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; fluency in English required.
Special Skills and Knowledge
- Relationship management
- Commercial awareness
- Change leadership
- Creative problem solving
- Report to CEO of Axios International, Ltd and to the President of AF
- Management of all Axios DC-based staff
- Dotted-line management of Country Director Nigeria and (in the future) elsewhere.
- Close working relationship with the AF and AI Inc Financial Controllers
- This role will also be responsible for coordinating activities amongst stakeholders and partner organizations including developing relationships with Bid Partners.
- Ability to travel and work abroad in developing countries for at least 4 to 8 weeks a year.
- The position is based in Washington DC.
Please apply to: Patrick Shields, Executive Director and Search Manager
🌍 Global Recruitment Specialists “Positioning You for Success”
75 Main Street, Suite 285, Norwalk, Connecticut (CT) 06851 USA
Axios is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. EOE - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans