Client: Pathfinder International https://www.pathfinder.org
Location: Watertown, MA
Summary: Plays a pivotal leadership role in the employee life cycle in attracting, interviewing, selecting and onboarding new employees to Pathfinder for the local, regional or global level. Provides full life-cycle recruiting for a broad range of both domestic and international positions. Supports donor Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Assistance (RFAs), which include designing and implementing global sourcing and recruiting campaigns to identify country nationals, expatriates, and third country nationals for high level program positions.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Assessing and Validating Hiring Needs. Assesses and validates Pathfinder’s hiring needs by working with hiring managers to develop job descriptions and job profiles outlining job requirements and success factors. Develops and executes recruiting strategies for each job profile.
- Job Postings. Partners with Acquisition Coordinator to develop and implement electronic requisitions for open positions; posts position openings to Pathfinder employment webpage as well as external websites. Ensures postings are current and up-to-date.
- Candidate Sourcing. Employs a variety of standard and specialized sourcing techniques to identify a high quality, diverse candidate pool in an efficient, cost effective manner (i.e. online investigating, database and ATS searches, cold calling, user groups, referrals, networking, and the like.). Proactively builds Pathfinder’s talent pipeline by identifying, screening, interviewing and assessing candidates for open positions.
- Interviewing and Selecting Candidates. Assists hiring managers in evaluating applicant qualifications and selecting the most qualified candidates. Makes employment recommendations based on information obtained through interviews, reference checks and assessment tools. Screens and presents qualified candidates for interviews. Performs detailed reference checking on selected candidates and reviews results with hiring managers. Initiates and ensures background check, drug testing, and any immigration processing requirements are satisfactorily completed when necessary.
- Advertising Management. Manages advertising in various media (print, internet, social media). Researches appropriate advertising venues, analyzes advertising sources for cost effectiveness, and makes recommendations on where to spend advertising dollars.
- Interview Coordination. Coaches interview team members on developing job-specific behavioral and competency-based interview questions as well as interviewing and candidate assessment techniques. Organizes, leads and documents post-interview debrief with interview teams.
- Selecting Candidates. Works with HR Managers and Hiring Managers to develop and extend offers of employment to selected candidates within the guidelines of Pathfinder’s compensation policy. Negotiates proposal candidate salaries and establishes benefits within budget constraints
- Recruiting Strategy Implementation and Documentation. Develops recruiting strategies for each position based on job profiles. Follows recruiting process and tracks job candidates using Pathfinder’s applicant tracking system. Maintains accurate and well-ordered documentation on all applicant flow, sourcing practices, and other recruiting activities to minimize exposure to liability and ensure a thorough and positive audit if required. Ensures that all staffing documentation submitted with proposals complies with donor specifications.
- .Project Management and Participation: Leads, manages or participates on a cross-functional project team.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Life-Cycle Recruiting Process, Procedures and Tools: Advanced skills in hiring high-quality individuals utilizing a full life-cycle recruiting process including: developing recruitment strategies; creatively sourcing candidates; pre-screening, interviewing and assessing candidates; and negotiating and finalizing job offers.
- Sourcing Methods: Proven ability utilizing various sourcing alternatives and proactive recruiting tools and methodologies (search engines, social networks, cold calling, corporate websites, general job boards, professional associations, trade journal/newspaper advertising, outplacement firms, college postings, alumni organizations, job fairs, and employee referrals) to build candidate pipelines.
- Client Management: Advanced skills in networking, consulting, and client management.
- Applicant Tracking System. Proven ability with Talent Management’s applicant tracking system.
- Interviewing: Advanced interviewing skills using electronic media and in person.
- Negotiation: Advanced negotiation skills.
- Global and Cultural Effectiveness: Ability to communicate, collaborate with diverse stakeholders and achieve operational outcomes.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services, including program strategies and indicators.
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, database and internet applications.
- Project Management Planning and Management: Proven ability to plan and manage cross-functional initiatives.
- Analysis and Sound Judgement: Advanced analytical and trouble shooting skills. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Languages: Proven ability to write and speak using local language and English language.
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media. Ability to translate complex concepts to individuals at all levels. Ability to speak across a range of technical issues that may be outside the individual’s area of expertise. Ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff and clients.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision. Proven ability to coordinate activities.
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Proven ability to influence using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. Proven customer service skills.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Marketing, Communications or related field; or a combination of education and work experience that yields the required competencies
- 5 years related experience, including experience in global recruiting
- Prefer: Experience recruiting international talent to be based in developing nations.
- Prefer: Experience providing recruitment support for US government RFAs/RFPs or other professional services proposals.
- Prefer: Experience in corporate staffing for an organization that is an active US government contractor (OFCCP compliance) in public health and/or international development.
- Travel required (10% or less)
- Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
To Apply: Pathfinder International has contracted Global Recruitment Specialists to assist with this recruitment effort. Please email a cover letter and updated resume/CV to:
Patrick Shields, Search Manager
Global Recruitment Specialists "Positioning You for Success"
501 Westport Avenue, Suite 285, Norwalk, CT 06851 USA
Telephone: +1- 203-899-0499