Senior Knowledge Management Specialist (Agriculture),
Knowledge-Driven Agriculture Development Project
Client: Training Resources Group, Inc. (TRG) is an employee-owned consulting firm based in Arlington, Virginia. TRG provides organizational development and training services for U.S. government agencies, international organizations, non-governmental organizations and private sector/commercial clients. http://www.trg-inc.com
Location: Bethesda, MD - Washington, DC area
The Knowledge-Driven Agricultural Development (KDAD) Project implements strategic knowledge management and learning activities in support of USAID’s Bureau for Food Security (BFS). BFS works on a wide range of food security and agriculture issues including agricultural productivity; research and innovation; agricultural market systems; nutrition; resilience; gender equity; and, agricultural policy.
To support these activities, the members of the KDAD Knowledge Management Portfolio team use traditional and digital learning approaches to develop and implement innovative, creative, and effective ways to strategically capture and share technical knowledge and good practices to improve the effectiveness of development programs around the world.
The Senior Knowledge Management Specialist (Agriculture) will be responsible for a wide variety of activities related to identifying, managing, packaging, and disseminating key information to advance technical practice and provide practitioners with the tools they need for better development work. The Senior Knowledge Management Specialist (Agriculture) serves as the project’s primary source of agriculture and food security expertise across all KDAD portfolios including Communications, Training, and Assessment and Learning. The incumbent of this position will conduct research, produce resources and guidance, and “translate” agriculture and food security information for both KM and training activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Scope effective knowledge capture and sharing activities. In collaboration with other KDAD team members, work with clients to scope effective knowledge capture and sharing activities in support of high priority BFS initiatives such as climate smart agriculture, gender, risk and resilience, nutrition, youth, agricultural productivity, trade, private sector engagement, implications of urbanization, research and agricultural policy.
- Identify and curate technical agricultural and food security content. In collaboration with USAID and other technical experts, research, design, and implement strategies utilizing technical agriculture and food security content including developing face-to-face and online courses. Research and create technical materials such as articles, blogs and post-event learning resources for Agrilinks, the BFS knowledge sharing platform managed by KDAD. Review technical materials developed by others to ensure accuracy and relevance.
- Manage knowledge sharing events. In collaboration with USAID staff members, scope and manage the successful execution of knowledge sharing events including monthly seminars/webinars, workshops, major conferences and learning events such as the recent Climate Smart Agriculture Global Learning and Experience Exchange, and peer learning sessions.
- Demonstrate and model effective knowledge management practices. Document and share learning, ensuring that requirements are clear and documented, and that lessons learned and best practices for products, events, and other Knowledge Management activities are applied in practice.
- Engage partners and learning champions. Work with program managers, project partners, and learning champions to expand various KDAD online/in-person learning activities, for example, the Ag Sector Council Webinars.
- Contribute to and grow methods, approaches, and practice in knowledge management. Generate more creative, efficient and effective ways to engage audiences and facilitate sharing and collaboration.
- An advanced degree in an agricultural or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in knowledge management, organizational learning, or learning program delivery, and a well-developed capacity to design and deliver high quality knowledge management and/or organizational learning programs.
- Demonstrated interest and experience in food security and agriculture, and an understanding of international agricultural development issues and approaches especially those being carried out by USAID through programs such as Feed the Future.
- Significant experience in effectively managing work projects and moving products forward in challenging circumstances such as constrained resources, short time frames, clients with high expectations, and multiple sources of direction and guidance.
- Proven ability to skillfully facilitate in a variety of settings including face-to-face learning events, webinars, after action reviews, and other settings.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to consult with clients, and the capacity to work collaboratively with fellow portfolio team members and members of other complementary teams (e.g., web development, training, and assessing and evaluating learning programs).
- Experience living and working in developing country settings.
Training Resources Group, Inc. (TRG) has contracted Global Recruitment Specialists to assist with this recruitment effort. Please email a cover letter and updated resume/CV to:
Timothy Ferguson, Sourcing Recruiter
Global Recruitment Specialists "Positioning You for Success"
501 Westport Avenue, Suite 285, Norwalk, CT 06851 USA
Your cover letter should at least address the following topics:
1) Why you are interested in the position and Training Resources Group, Inc.
2) How you believe your skills and experiences will meet the needs of the position.
3) How you learned of this position.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
TRG is an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age or disability. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with TRG depends solely on your qualifications.