Knowledge Management, Communications and Engagement Specialist
Client: Training Resources Group, Inc. (TRG) is an employee-owned consulting firm based in Arlington, Virginia. TRG provides organizational development and training services for U.S. government agencies, international organizations, non-governmental organizations and private sector/commercial clients. http://www.trg-inc.com
Location: Bethesda, MD - Washington, DC area
TRG is seeking a highly-motivated, collaborative, and dynamic individual to serve as a Knowledge Management, Communications and Engagement (KM/CE) specialist. This individual will work within a project that seeks to strengthen the organizational effectiveness of a large, highly motivated international development agency working in the education sector. The project works collaboratively with the client in the development of systems and practices of organizational learning, knowledge management, professional and organizational development, and communications/engagement in order to more efficiently and effectively reach agency and global education goals.
The KM/CE specialist will manage and implement activities under the knowledge management and engagement portfolios. These portfolios will develop and implement innovative, creative, and effective ways to strategically capture and share technical knowledge, leverage good practices, and gather lessons learned – especially from mission programs - in order to improve the impact of global education programs. The KM/CE specialist will be responsible for a wide variety of activities related to identifying, managing, packaging, and disseminating key information and lessons learned – inside and outside the agency - to advance education sector learning.
The ideal candidates will be able to design and implement effective knowledge management and communications activities that ensure that the right information is getting to the right people, at the right time, and in the right way consistently over time. S/he should have demonstrated capacity to link content development to engagement strategies that facilitate timely, useful delivery of information through knowledge management platforms and activities. In addition, the ideal candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills. This position will work within a team to support a fast paced, multi-faceted U.S. Government (USG) funded project. Candidates must be able to prioritize tasks and work effectively both independently as well as part of a team.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the project’s knowledge management activities by scoping and implementing appropriate and effective knowledge capture and sharing activities that result in use and improved outcomes
- Oversee assessment of existing knowledge management platforms and develop recommendations for streamlining and increasing their access and use
- Oversee the process of identifying, curating, and disseminating technical documents
- Plan, coordinate, and manage key meetings and events with education sector stakeholders
- Ensure lessons learned, and best practices for products, events, and other knowledge management activities are clear and documented
- Identify and share creative, efficient and effective ways to engage audiences and facilitate sharing and collaboration
- Recommend and co-design approaches for monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the knowledge management products and process
- Develop, implement, and maintain a system and process to update knowledge management platforms to ensure that information is current and relevant
- Manage production of high quality technical documents
- Coordinate and manage webinars, web-casts, social media outreach, and other knowledge management activities as a means to strategically and innovatively disseminate education sector knowledge.
- Work closely with client to ensure seamless collaboration, creative and successful delivery of high quality communications products that engage partner organizations and other stakeholders
- Manage production of communications products while ensuring consistent style, quality, and branding
- Recommend processes and approaches for monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of communications products created
- Support the planning, logistics, and coordination effort for a large-scale education sector summit
Qualifications, Abilities, and Education Requirements:
- A degree in Knowledge Management, Communications, or related field
- 8+ years’ experience in executing successful knowledge management and communication strategies
- Experience in collaborative approaches and building linkages across work streams, sectors, and program areas
- Experience in knowledge management and evidence based dissemination
- Experience delivering strategic communication products
- Experience engaging with key stakeholders and building partnerships
- Experience working with different knowledge management platforms
- Sound experience in effectively using different communications media including social media
- Excellent program/activity management skills
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Creative problem-solving and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Good team working skills;
- Ability to deliver high quality products under pressure;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Approval to work in the United States
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Prior experience working with USAID or on USAID-funded contracts.
- Experience adding and editing content on websites
- Experience or interest in global education programs.
Training Resources Group, Inc. (TRG) has contracted Global Recruitment Specialists to assist with this recruitment effort. Please email a cover letter and updated resume/CV to:
Timothy Ferguson, Sourcing Recruiter
Global Recruitment Specialists "Positioning You for Success"
501 Westport Avenue, Suite 285, Norwalk, CT 06851 USA
Your cover letter should at least address the following topics:
1) Why you are interested in the position and Training Resources Group, Inc.
2) How you believe your skills and experiences will meet the needs of the position.
3) How you learned of this position.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
TRG is an equal employment opportunity employer M/F/D/V. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age or disability. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with TRG depends solely on your qualifications.