Digital Web and Social Media Content Specialist
Client: Pathfinder International: https://www.pathfinder.org
Location: Watertown, MA
Summary: Assists in supporting Pathfinder’s overall digital communication strategy by supporting the creation, curation, and promotion of digital content on Pathfinder’s digital properties, the website and its campaign landing pages. This position will assist in managing vendors for creative support as well as provide hands-on content development, production, and editing support for written, visual, and video formats across all of Pathfinder’s digital properties including social media platforms, e-newsletters, and paid/earned digital creative. This role will also be a key liaison in the management of the back-end CMS (WordPress) as well as facilitate the public presentation of said digital assets on the website. As part of the digital media team, this position will also contribute to routine measurement, analysis, recommendations, and optimization for maximum efficacy in our digital communications.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Communications Planning Execution: Facilitate content marketing implementation to drive strategic goals such as increase of web traffic, social media engagement, online fundraising and thought leadership. Contribute to content editorial and marketing plans in close collaboration with extended digital team and subject matter experts. Facilitate messaging and digital content alignment with the department’s assigned strategy and vision.
- Content Development: Develop, edit, and modify high-quality original content for use on web properties. This will include graphics and video content.
- Operational Support of the Pathfinder Website and Related Systems: Keep Pathfinder’s website and related systems online, responsive, and relevant. Monitor Pathfinder’s content, fundraising interactions, and online CRM systems work across the platforms our users will employ (i.e. common web browsers, common operating systems, mobile platforms). Responsible for intaking website production change requests and managing these requests. Apply SEO strategy and best practices to all content to improve results for online search. Provide guidance and training to new and existing staff members on internet-related applications and operations. Work with and manage vendor relationships
- Reporting and Metrics for the Pathfinder Website and Related Systems: Track that Pathfinder’s website and related systems produce the relevant information and metrics to accurately and meaningfully produce key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure our impact and success. Regularly monitor digital trends and results. Perform digital content audits then presents digital content gap analysis to increase and improve inventory of digital content. Measure effectiveness of content marketing initiatives; optimize and provide business insight for ongoing improvement.
Minimally Required Job Competencies:
- Marketing and Communications Principles and Practices: Intermediate knowledge of applying standards, guidelines, and best practices to marketing and communications efforts.
- Communications Tools: Mastery of knowledge in online and new media communications tools. Proficiency in working with graphic, infographic, and other design tools for content creation.
- Job-Specific Software Applications: Mastery of knowledge of software applications for web-based solutions and apps. Experience with WordPress content management system and familiarity with HTML required. Previous experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) required. Knowledge of and experience using digital analytics tools (Google Analytics) and SEO strongly preferred.
- Project Management Planning and Management: Proven ability to manage and implement cross-functional initiatives.
- Reporting: Proven ability to read and interpret data for reporting. Proven ability to generate and present standard reports.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products, including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook.
- Analysis and Sound Judgment: Advanced analytical and trouble shooting skills. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Languages: Proven ability to write and speak using the English language.
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media. Ability to translate complex concepts to individuals at all levels.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Fundamental knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices, and services of assigned program, including program strategies and indicators.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Demonstrated commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Proven ability to influence using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. Advanced customer service skills.
- Organization, Planning, and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision. Proven ability to coordinate activities.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures, and ability to adapt local practices to global standards.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
Minimally Required Education, Training, and Experience:
- BS or BA in computer science, library science, multimedia journalism, communications, or a related field required
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the related field such as global health, international development, or family planning
- 3-5 years of experience in digital content creation and digital project management
- Knowledge of communications software
- Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
- Weekend and evening work required
- May be accountable for the performance and workload assignment of external consultants and vendors
To Apply: Pathfinder International has contracted Global Recruitment Specialists to assist with this recruitment effort. Please email a cover letter and updated resume/CV to:
Patrick Shields, Search Manager
Global Recruitment Specialists "Positioning You for Success"
501 Westport Avenue, Suite 285, Norwalk, CT 06851 USA
Telephone: +1- 203-899-0499
Pathfinder International is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Pathfinder International does not charge candidates Recruitment or Application fees for any position, to which they may apply globally.