Funding Data Processing and Analysis Advisor (Data Analytics and Insights Advisor)
Client: Pathfinder International - https://www.pathfinder.org
Location: Washington, DC
It’s time to consider a career with Pathfinder International, a global leader in sexual and reproductive health and rights. We place sexual and reproductive health care at the center of all that we do believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship and innovations to contribute to in poverty reduction.
Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to contraception, ensure availability of safe abortion services and post-abortion care, advocate for sound sexual and reproductive health policies, and, through all our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
In the role of Funding Data Processing and Analysis Advisor you will have opportunities to design and implement the strategic data management and analysis of critical funding outcomes. You will also provide the analysis of return on investments. Lead research and complex analyses on key development-related topics. Manage the maintenance, performance and use of Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM, the fundraising database and connection to Convio. And analyze funding pipeline across donor sectors, including projected revenue streams and revenue mechanisms.
What Will I Be Doing as Funding Data Processing and Analysis Advisor?
As the Funding Data Processing and Analysis Advisor you'll spend most of your time achieving the following key job outcomes:
- CRM/Raise’s Edge Database Maintenance and Management: Maintains and improves the administration of the Raiser’s Edge database. Ensures that best practices are followed for data entry and management throughout the organization, including accuracy of donor information, ease of data extraction for reports and queries, and donor and financial record keeping. Establishes and documents policies and procedures. Manages the connection between Raiser’s Edge and Convio (or other online marketing software)
- CRM/Raiser’s Edge End Users’ Support: Coordinates all use and users of Raiser’s Edge database and ensures training and skill improvement of all development staff and users as required
- Financial Audits and Reports: Collaborates in auditing the accuracy of daily gift entry and production of daily, monthly financial reports. Provides insights into operating budget forecasts
- Donor Tracking and Trends Reports: Tracks donors and giving trends, including donor sources, institutions and individuals. This will include analyzes gift appeals and trends to develop and distribute CRM/Raiser’s Edge reports
- Marketing and Communications Collateral: Provides executives with presentation materials. Works with team directors (Business Development, Charitable Giving and Communications) on presentations of return on investment and forecast of future revenue
- Project Management and Participation: Leads, manages or participates on cross-functional project teams
More Job Details—The Finer Points
While many jobs will say they're 9am to 5pm, you should expect to be more flexible than this. The nature of the job can mean that extra hours are needed at times to meet deadlines. You'll be based out of an office, but there will be travel involved 10% of the time. You may be required to oversee gift processing (including lock box deposits), upkeep and enhancement of donor information and records, and production of Raiser’s Edge reports for use by senior management, staff and the board. You will also be responsible for the coordination and management of lock box deposits and monthly reconciliations. You may oversee accurate, timely input of all constituent and gift information, and generation of donor acknowledgements.
Do I Need a Specific Degree or Qualifications to Apply for This Job?
- You will need a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent, or a combination of education and experience that yields the required competencies
- You will also need to have at least 5 years’ work experience, including at least 2 years’ experience leading international management consultancy, pre-graduate school, or a similar type of private sector experience
- 4 years’ experience with Raiser's Edge and other CRMs
- 4 years’ experience working in development or finance function or equivalent, preferably in an international, nonprofit organization
Its preferable that you have:
- Work experience with annual giving and its relationship to major gifts, online marketing or special events
- Work experience Convio and Crystal Reports
- Work experience with gifts administration, lock box deposits, and donor acknowledgement
What Competencies Do I Need to be Successful in This Job?
You should have the following key competencies (knowledge, skills and abilities):
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving: Proven ability to lead in critical thinking and analysis of data to make informed funding pursuit decisions to address current and future situations
- Development Operations: Advanced knowledge of development operations
- Gifts Processing: Proven ability to process donor gifts using department specific software
- CRM/Raiser’s EdgePC Applications: Advanced knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, and, in particular, querying and reporting
- Reconciliation Process: Ability to reconcile deposits
- Tracking and Reporting: Ability to track donors, trends and prepare reports on results specific to finances and to key stakeholders
- Presentation Materials: Ability to develop presentation collateral (materials) to support team directors and executives
- Training: Ability to train small groups or one-to-one on technical topics
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of data visualization software such as Tableau, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of assigned program, including program strategies and indicators
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Proven ability to influence using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. Advanced customer service skills
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues
What is the Compensation for This Job?
Pathfinder International offers a competitive salary that is commensurate with your qualifications. We have an excellent offering of benefits to augment your compensation package.
To Apply: Pathfinder International has contracted Global Recruitment Specialists to assist with this recruitment effort. Please email a cover letter and updated resume/CV to:
Patrick Shields, Search Manager
Global Recruitment Specialists "Positioning You for Success"
501 Westport Avenue, Suite 285, Norwalk, CT 06851 USA
Telephone: +1- 203-899-0499
Your cover letter should at least address the following topics:
- Why you are interested in the position.
- How you believe your skills and experiences will meet the needs of the needs of the position.
- How you learned of this position.
Pathfinder International is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.