Chief of Party, Land and Urban (RFP Position)
Client: Training Resources Group, Inc. (TRG) - http://www.trg-inc.com
Location: Arlington, VA, USA
Solution/RFP Link: Solicitation Number: SOL-OAA-17-000062
TRG seeks Chief of Party candidates for the USAID Land and Urban Office Project, Communications, Evidence, and Learning (CEL). The purpose of the initiative is to create, expand, disseminate, and support the application of evidence-based knowledge in two fields: land tenure property rights, and resource governance; and urban development, urban based programming, sustainable cities, and local sustainability. This is an active procurement, interested parties should respond immediately. This position is contingent on project award and funding. Award is anticipated in March 2018.
From the Solicitation:
The Chief of Party will be responsible for overall project leadership, management, and quality control. The COP shall serve as the primary point of contact with USAID with regard to management and technical matters relating to the contract. S/he shall have overall responsibility for management of contract team members, consultants, and subcontractors as well as for the effective, efficient, and timely implementation of all contract activities. The required qualifications may include:
- A demonstrated track record of progressively responsible managerial experience implementing complex projects;
- A minimum of 10 years of experience managing projects in developing countries that may be in related areas including: land tenure, urban development, resource management, and environmental governance;
- Previous experience as a project manager with a strong reputation for developing excellent collaborative working relationships with counterparts, other contractors, and international organizations and donors;
- A demonstrated track record of success in managing many people toward the achievement of shared goals.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Extensive experience within the USAID operating environment
- Academic credentials in land tenure, urban development, resource management, environmental governance, or related fields
- Experience in or a demonstrated understanding of programs to support learning, knowledge management, and communications in a global development context
- An appreciation of organizational development/organizational learning principles and practices
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective meeting manager, with emphasis on facilitation
- Familiarity with principles and approaches of adaptive management
- Readiness to serve as a strategic thinking partner with our client in addition to being a responsive implementer and superlative manager.
TRG has hired GRS to assist with the recruitment of applicants. Please email a cover letter expressing interest and updated resume/CV to:
Patrick Shields, Search Manager
Global Recruitment Specialists "Positioning You for Success"
501 Westport Avenue, Suite 285, Norwalk, CT 06851 USA
Telephone: +1- 203-899-0499
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Training Resources Group, Inc. (TRG) is an employee-owned consulting firm based in Arlington, Virginia. TRG provides learning, knowledge management, communications, organizational development and training services for U.S. government agencies, international organizations, non-governmental organizations and private sector/commercial clients.
TRG is an equal employment opportunity employer M/F/D/V. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age or disability. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with TRG depends solely on your qualifications.