Administrative Assistant - Business Unit Coordinator. SRHR
Location: Pathfinder International, Watertown, MA - https://www.pathfinder.org
Summary: Provides a range of administrative support services to promote efficient delivery of services for the functional area staff. Maintains high standards of professionalism, efficiency, personal communication, discretion and independent judgment in coordination and scheduling activities, filing, document preparation, and functional area activities. Manages a wide range of highly sensitive issues under tight deadlines.
Key Job Outcomes:
1. Scheduling Activities: Manages and maintains schedules. Plans and coordinates special events such weekly/monthly departmental and company-wide meetings; Arranges international and domestic travel and meetings by developing itineraries and agendas, booking transportation and arranging lodging and meeting accommodations for all functional area staff.
2. Documentation Preparation: Prepares and edit correspondence, communications, and Power Point presentations. Drafts and formats departmental communications and reports.
3. Communications: Communicates and handles incoming and outgoing calls and electronic communications on behalf of the direct supervisor. Serves as the functional area’s first point-of-contact for internal and external stakeholders.
4. Processing, Filing and Auditing: Sets up and maintains files and forms in compliance with legal guidelines. Processes invoices for the functional area for submission to Finance for payment. Participates in compliance audits.
5. Subject Matter Expert. Acts as subject matter expert for functional area systems.
6. On-boarding Coordination: Processes new hires for the functional area, coordinates and participates in new hire orientation, and completes payroll documentation processing for new hires.
7. Project Management and Participation: Leads, manages or participates on cross-functional project teams.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies: · Organization, Planning, Coordination and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision. Proven ability to coordinate activities.
· Writing and Editing: Ability to compose and edit correspondence, reports and general documentation.
· Filling and Records Maintenance: Ability to file and maintain records.
· Functional Area Systems Expertise: Advanced knowledge of functional area systems.
· Onboarding: Ability to onboard new hires of business unit and process required paperwork.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
· Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products, including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook. Advanced knowledge of functional area specific software.
· Project Management Planning and Management: Ability to plan and manage cross-functional initiatives.
· Analysis and Sound Judgement: Foundational analytical and trouble shooting skills. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
· Languages: Proven ability to write and speak using local language and English language
· Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media. Ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff and clients.
· Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services, including program strategies and indicators. Foundational knowledge of assigned business unit's function and deliverables supporting sexual and reproductive health and rights.
· Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Demonstrated commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
· Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Ability to influence using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. Proven customer service skills.
· Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
· Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
· Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related matters.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree, or a combination of education and work experience that yields the required competencies
· 4 years related experience, including experience in administration.
· Prefer: Experience in non-profit organizations.
· Travel required (10% or less - international and domestic)
· Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
To Apply: Pathfinder International has contracted Global Recruitment Specialists to assist with this recruitment effort. Please email a cover letter and updated resume/CV to:
Patrick Shields, Search Manager
Global Recruitment Specialists "Positioning You for Success"
501 Westport Avenue, Suite 285, Norwalk, CT 06851 USA
Telephone: +1- 203-899-0499
Your cover letter should at least address the following topics:
- Why you are interested in the position.
- How you believe your skills and experiences will meet the needs of the needs of the position.
- How you learned of this position.
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
Pathfinder International is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Pathfinder International does not charge candidates Recruitment or Application fees for any position, to which they may apply globally.