Client: Pathfinder International https://www.pathfinder.org
Location: Washington D.C.
Job Summary: Provides a range of administrative support services to promote efficient delivery of services for the Washington, DC office and Executive Officers of Pathfinder International. Performs administrative functions including, but limited to, facilities and security coordination, services and supplies procurement, vendor communication, schedule and travel management for Executive Officers, assistance with staff meetings and events, document management, mail handling, greeting office visitors, and fax receipt and distribution. Assists in developing, reviewing, and implementing all administrative office procedures. Maintains high standards of professionalism, efficiency, personal communication, discretion and independent judgment in coordination and scheduling activities, filing, document preparation, and Global Engagement activities. Manages a wide range of issues under tight deadlines and assists with cross-functional projects as needed.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Scheduling Activities: Manages and maintains schedules for the DC office and for Executive Officers/C-Suite, including prioritization and resolution of scheduling conflicts. Arranges international and domestic travel and meetings by developing itineraries and agendas, setting up meeting rooms, booking transportation and arranging lodging and meeting accommodations for Executive Officers. Plans and coordinates special events such monthly, quarterly, or annual departmental and company-wide meetings.
- Documentation Preparation: Prepares and edits email and mail correspondence, communications, and Power Point presentations. Drafts, formats, and prepares communications and reports. Coordinates and distributes agendas and records meeting minutes.
- Communications: Communicates and handles incoming and outgoing calls and electronic communications. Serves as the first point-of-contact for internal and external stakeholders.
- Processing, Filing and Auditing: Sets up and maintains files and forms in compliance with internal and legal guidelines. Processes invoices and coordinates with Finance team for payment. Participates in compliance audits.
- Facilities Coordination: Maintains safe and clean reception area, telecommunication system, supply room, kitchen, and other shared office spaces and systems. Maintains inventory of supplies and assists with supply orders. Assists Administrative Manager with desk reassignments, office moves and renovations.
- Guest Reception: Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries. Coordinates visitor access with building security and functional teams within the D.C. office.
- Mailroom: Manages mailroom activities, ensuring timely handling of incoming and outbound mail. Opens and distributes mail; forwards correspondence to appropriate personnel for action.
- Subject Matter Expert. Acts as subject matter expert for administrative systems in the D.C. office.
- On-boarding Coordination: Assists in processing new hires for the administrative team, coordinates and participates in new hire orientation.
- Project Management and Participation: Participates on cross-functional project teams and provides background research as needed
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Organization, Planning, Coordination and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, coordinate activities, meet deadlines reliably, and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Writing and Editing: Ability to compose and edit correspondence, reports and general documentation, with advanced English grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills.
- Filling and Records Maintenance: Ability to file and maintain records, and to apply records retention policy and guidelines.
- Customer Service: Ability to represent the organization effectively and professionally, and to communicate well with both internal and external persons, with active listening. Ability to maintain tidy and presentable work areas.
- Problem-Solving: Ability to multi-task and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously, in an organized, flexible, and calm manner. Proven ability to proactively identify and resolve issues.
- Onboarding: Ability to assist in onboarding new hires
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products, including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook. Advanced knowledge of functional area specific software.
- Project Management Planning and Management: Ability to plan and manage cross-functional initiatives.
- Analysis and Sound Judgement: Foundational analytical and trouble shooting skills. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Languages: Proven ability to write and speak using local language and English language
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media. Ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff and clients.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services, including program strategies and indicators. Foundational knowledge of assigned business unit's function and deliverables supporting sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Demonstrated commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Ability to influence using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. Proven customer service skills.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related matters.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, or a combination of education and work experience that yields the required competencies
- 1-4 years related experience, preferably in administration
- Prefer: Experience in non-profit organizations
- Design experience or artistic talent a plus (e.g. document or presentation design; office or home design)
- Travel required (10% or less)
- Uses desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
To Apply: Pathfinder International has contracted Global Recruitment Specialists to assist with this recruitment effort. Please email a cover letter and updated resume/CV to:
Patrick Shields, Search Manager
Global Recruitment Specialists "Positioning You for Success"
501 Westport Avenue, Suite 285, Norwalk, CT 06851 USA
Telephone: +1- 203-899-0499
Your cover letter should at least address the following topics:
Why you are interested in the position.
How you believe your skills and experiences will meet the needs of the needs of the position.
How you learned of this position.
Pathfinder International is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Pathfinder International does not charge candidates Recruitment or Application fees for any position, to which they may apply globally.