MANAGER, GRIEVANCE (INDONESIA)
MANAGER, GRIEVANCE (INDONESIA)
Client: Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) https://rspo.org/about
The location of this role is Indonesia
The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) is a not-for-profit, international membership
organisation that is working to transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm. To do this,
we have united stakeholders from all sectors of the palm oil supply chain and civil society to develop
and implement global standards for sustainable palm oil production and procurement.
Since its inception in 2004, RSPO has enjoyed rapid growth and today has 5,000 members from 101
countries, including oil palm producers, processors, traders, consumer goods manufacturers, retailers,
banks, and non-governmental organisations. Thanks to the commitments and actions of these
members, nearly 20% of the global supply of palm oil has already been certified as sustainable.
At RSPO, we believe that a not-for-profit organisation is made successful by the passion, skills, and
expertise of its members and staff. They are the ones who drive our organisation to new heights and
guide us through the next phase of our development.
The Grievance Manager (Indonesia), will be responsible and to ensure that all complaints by
stakeholders are appropriately managed and that resolutions of such complaints are timely, quality
checked and monitored in line with the RSPO grievance mechanism, Complaint and Appeal Procedure,
Dispute Settlement Facility (DSF) and other relevant RSPO Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
The location of this role is Indonesia.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
1. Manage the grievance unit operations in Indonesia to ensure quality of service, accurate and
timely responsiveness is achieved and consistently maintained;
2. Provide support to all parties concerned through a transparent process for resolving problems
and grievances. This shall include ensuring reasonable and timely access to information about
the procedures and guidance on how to submit complaints;
3. Communicate with all relevant parties of the deliverables and decisions necessary for the
expeditious resolution of complaints, appeals and disputes, including obtaining independent and
impartial information, as directed by the available grievance mechanism and the Complaints and
Appeals Panels (CAP).
4. To be cognisant, in all communications, about the need to maintain certain information as
sensitive and/or confidential including in cases where the complainant is fearful of repercussions
or involves a whistleblower.
5. To work closely with other Grievance Unit members globally, and with other units and divisions
for relevant input, in the process of grievance or conflict resolution and follow up.
6. To ensure that all documentation and materials related to a complaint are regulated as per the
RSPO Standard Operating Procedures.
7. To ensure continued strengthening and review of the grievance system and relevant complaint
system’s related procedures, and provide the necessary support to other departments within
8. the RSPO Secretariat in relation to the grievance mechanism.
To be able to travel as and when required or requested (domestically & Internationally) in order
9. to attend meetings / conferences / complaints related matters, etc.
Apart from the duties stated above, to perform any duty or duties reasonably assigned.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
· Though a Masters in Law would be advantageous, candidates with a Bachelor's Degree in Law
· A minimum of five years relevant working experience will be considered.
TECHNICAL & PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE
· Knowledge of processes for escalating complaints, appeals and/or dispute resolution.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present and communicate with all levels of the organization.
· Interpersonal relations skills with the ability of providing critical thinking in resolving issues and conflicts.
· Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and interact with different stakeholders from various nationalities.
· Proficiency in English with good communication skills is compulsory.
· Ability in establishing cooperation and rapport with internal and external parties of different backgrounds and/or nationalities.
· Conscientious and willing to take responsibility.
· High integrity and a good team player.
· Goal oriented and organized.
· Self-motivated and self-directed.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an
international multi-stakeholder organisation, where making a difference to People, Planet and Prosperityis not just a statement, but what we passionately believe in.
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role that
offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
RSPO has contracted Global Recruitment Specialists to assist with this recruitment effort. Qualified applicants are invited to send in their updated CV giving comprehensive details of educational background, work experience, and related achievements to:
Patrick Shields, Search Manager
Global Recruitment Specialists "Positioning You for Success"
Norwalk, CT 06851 USA
Telephone: +1- 203-899-0499
**RSPO is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted
candidates will be notified.