Client: Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) https://rspo.org/about
Reporting: Technical Director
Location: Malaysia, Indonesia, or Singapore (The ASEAN Region) preferred
The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) is a not-for-profit, international membership organisation that is working to transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm. To do this, we have united stakeholders from all sectors of the palm oil supply chain and civil society to develop and implement global standards for sustainable palm oil production and procurement.
Since its inception in 2004, RSPO has enjoyed rapid growth and today has close to 5,000 members from 99 countries, including oil palm producers, processors, traders, consumer goods manufacturers, retailers, banks, and non-governmental organisations. Thanks to the commitments and actions of these members, nearly 20% of the global supply of palm oil has already been certified as sustainable.
At RSPO, we believe that a not-for-profit organisation is made successful by the passion, skills, and expertise of its members and staff. We are committed to developing the highest standards of governance that reflect our multi-stakeholder structures and commitment to consensus-based decision-making through inclusive and participative processes.
Reporting to the Head of Risk Unit, the Manager of Risk will be responsible for designing, implementing, and continuously improvising a transparent and robust system to identify and assess risks that may hinder the objectives of RSPO, and find ways to manage those risks through planning and problem-solving. These include implementing processes and procedures to ensure that RSPO is fully prepared, putting plans in place when things go wrong, and deciding how to avoid or reduce risk.
The location of this role is flexible.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
· To plan and design an overall risk management process for RSPO, which includes an analysis of the impact on the organisation when risks occur. Subsequently, manage the identification and measurement of organisational risk.
· To analyse current risks and identify potential risks that affect the organisation, which involves identifying, describing, and estimating risks, as well as establishing the level of risk the organisation is willing to take.
· To implement monitoring and reporting frameworks tailored to the relevant audience, including senior management, on the most significant risks to the organisation; and unit Heads, on the risks that affect their departments.
· To review current risk management policies and protocols to ensure adequate controls are in place in all areas of its operations, including risk-based audit mechanism (in line with the RSPO Theory of Change) and risk-based monitoring (in line with the Quality Management System of the RSPO), and propose improvements to the organisation’s risk policy or risk management system.
· To build risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training within the organisation, and to work with staff at all levels to ensure that procedures are followed for the implementation of the risk management plans.
· To understand the organisation’s objectives, responsibilities, and policies, and evaluate the effects of any proposed risks against these factors.
· To build relationships with relevant stakeholders, and produce risk reports, attend meetings, and present proposals to senior management based on the organisation’s risk management process.
· To support the day-to-day operations of the Risk Unit, including the preparation of risk management plans/budgets and reporting on programme/budget performance.
· Apart from the duties stated above, to perform any duty or duties reasonably assigned.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
· A bachelor’s degree in Risk Management, or other relevant fields.
· At least five years of experience in risk management, or a related role.
TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE
· Proficiency in ISO 31000 Risk Management and other internationally recognised risk management techniques, guidelines, and benchmark.
· Experience in reviewing, developing, assessing, and documenting internal processes, controls, and templates.
· Practical and commercial approach to problem solving.
· Working knowledge of environmental and/or social issues.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and interact with diverse stakeholders.
· Demonstrable organisational, analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
· High integrity and a good team player.
· Goal-oriented and organised.
· Self-motivated and self-directed.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an international multi-stakeholder organisation, where making a difference to People, Planet and Prosperity is not just a statement, but what we passionately believe in.
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role that offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
RSPO has contracted Global Recruitment Specialists to assist with this recruitment effort. Please email a cover letter and updated resume/CV to:
Patrick Shields, Search Manager
Global Recruitment Specialists "Positioning You for Success"
Norwalk, CT 06851 USA
Telephone: +1- 203-899-0499