Client: Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) https://rspo.org/about
Reporting: To the Head of Membership
Location: The location of this role is flexible.
The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) is a not-for-profit, international membership organisation that is working to transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm. To do this, we have united stakeholders from all sectors of the palm oil supply chain and civil society to develop and implement global standards for sustainable palm oil production and procurement.
Since its inception in 2004, RSPO has enjoyed rapid growth and today has close to 5,000 members from 99 countries, including oil palm producers, processors, traders, consumer goods manufacturers, retailers, banks, and non-governmental organisations. Thanks to the commitments and actions of these members, nearly 20% of the global supply of palm oil has already been certified as sustainable.
At RSPO, we believe that a not-for-profit organisation is made successful by the passion, skills, and expertise of its people. They are the ones who drive our organisation to new heights and guide us through the next phases of our development.
Reporting to the Head of Membership, the Manager, Membership will oversee the membership systems and processes to ensure that the unit's day to day operations are run effectively which include the management of all relevant databases and information pertaining to membership. The Manager, Membership shall also seek to strengthen membership engagement via continuous improvements in the unit operations, and provide necessary support to the RSPO Secretariat on all membership related issues.
The location of this role is flexible.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To support the development a strategy to enhance the function of the Membership Unit in order to provide value to members and promote membership growth and support the goals of RSPO's Theory of Change.
2. To coordinate and manage all membership applications and ensure all applications are processed in a timely and efficient manner
3. To engage with existing and prospective members to address communications and members satisfaction issues and assist on utilising their benefits.
4. To support the effective daily operations of the Membership Unit, including adherence to all documented procedures and processes.
5. Ensure all responses to incoming queries are accurate and are delivered on a timely basis as per the SOP.
6. To implement and assist in improving the membership systems and processes within the Membership Unit including applications, renewals, suspensions/resignations, on-boarding of new members, database and knowledge management etc.
7. To maintain the RSPO membership database and produce monthly membership report for internal and external stakeholders, including analysis of membership data and trends, and recommendations to meet membership goals.
8. To regularly update the systems and processes within the Membership Unit and ensure that operations are effective, in line with the Quality Policy of the RSPO.
9. To support the data collection and implementation of ACOP and coordination with relevant departments, to subsequently assist in the development and execution of an engagement strategy to increase engagement with members.
10. To manage relationships and projects with external service providers and ensure projects are completed within the agreed contractual obligations.
11. To manage and coach a team of executives who will support and deliver operational excellence in the Membership Unit
12. Apart from the duties stated above, to perform any duty or duties reasonably assigned by the senior management.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
· Bachelor's degree in Business Management, International Relations, Marketing or any other relevant fields.
· Minimum seven years of experience, with two years demonstrated management experience, in global membership based organisation.
TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE
· Practical and thorough knowledge and understanding of managing a membership scheme within a global organisation.
· Extensive experience of using CRM / stakeholder management systems and interrogating data and reporting.
· Ability to analyse data and develop information into reports for wider dissemination or
· Intermediate to advanced level abilities on Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Comfortable managing a budget and able to plan and forecast effectively.
· Ability to analyse and implement improvement to operational needs and structure.
· Strong customer service and relationship-building orientation.
· Demonstrated experience in project management.
· Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
· Superior communication skills, oral and written.
· Familiarity with marketing and communication vehicles.
· High integrity and a good team player.
· Goal-oriented and organised.
· Quantitative and qualitative skills.
· Self-motivated and self-directed.
· Strong interpersonal skills
WHAT'S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an international multi-stakeholder organisation, where making a difference to People, Planet and Prosperity is not just a statement, but what we passionately believe in. Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role that offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
RSPO has contracted Global Recruitment Specialists to assist with this recruitment effort. Please email a cover letter and updated resume/CV to:
Patrick Shields, Search Manager
Global Recruitment Specialists "Positioning You for Success"
Norwalk, CT 06851 USA
Telephone: +1- 203-899-0499
**RSPO is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.