Manager, Market Development, North America
Manager, Market Development, North America
Client: Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) https://rspo.org/about
Reporting: Head of North America
Location: The location of this role is North America (New York City, Tri-State Area Preferred)
The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) is a not-for-profit, international membership organisation that is working to transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm. To do this, we have united stakeholders from all sectors of the palm oil supply chain and civil society to develop and implement global standards for sustainable palm oil production and procurement.
Since its inception in 2004, RSPO has enjoyed rapid growth and today has close to 5,000 members from 100 countries, including oil palm producers, processors, traders, consumer goods manufacturers, retailers, banks, and non-governmental organisations. Thanks to the commitments and actions of these members, nearly 20% of the global supply of palm oil has already been certified as sustainable.
At RSPO, we believe that a not-for-profit organisation is made successful by the passion, skills, and expertise of its members and staff. They are the ones who drive our organisation to new heights and guide us through the next phase of our development.
Reporting to the Head of North America, the successful candidate will be responsible for further developing RSPO’s presence in North America (defined as the U.S. and Canada for RSPO purposes) by expanding RSPO’s stakeholder network and servicing existing ones. The incumbent will work together with the North America team with a focus on reaching new members and increasing uptake of Certified Sustainable Palm Oil (CSPO).
The location of this role is North America.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
· Engage with key stakeholders within North America, primarily potential members and stakeholders that have the ability to drive market transformation. This includes identifying and/or engaging RSPO Ambassadors.
· Maintain knowledge of regional economic, business, and sustainability trends to facilitate conversations with stakeholders.
· Support in identifying key risk areas to the organisation in the region and to handle these issues both proactively and reactively where necessary.
· Assist in responding to general stakeholder enquiries in an accurate and timely manner.
· Identify and participate in platforms and conferences that are strategic to the RSPO mandate, with relevant stakeholders from members, media, corporations etc.
· Support in planning and facilitating events, webinars, and other related matters.
· Under the guidance of the Head of North America, manage and facilitate the North American Sustainable Palm Oil Network (NASPON).
· Apart from the duties stated above, to perform any duty or duties reasonably assigned.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
· Bachelor’s degree, with a minimum of five (5) years of sound experience in Corporate Social Responsibility, ESG, and/or business development in North America with a strong understanding of sustainability and international development. A Master’s degree would be an advantage.
· Together with excellent communication skills, should also have a proven track record of working with international stakeholders.
· Due to many team members working in various global offices, ability to work across time zones and cultures is important. Fluency in English is required.
TECHNICAL & PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE
· Previous experience or knowledge of commodity supply chains would be an advantage;
· Previous experience or knowledge regarding assisting companies in setting and implementing corporate sustainability and human rights policies would be an advantage
· Comfortable managing budgets and able to plan and forecast effectively
· Skilled internal and external relationship builder, with the ability to construct and maintain strong networks of policy influence within the industry and governing institutions;
· Effective public speaking and presentation skills; and
· Experience communicating complex issues or business strategy to stakeholders
· Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, negotiation, cross-team project management and consensus-building.
· Adapt to work well with all levels across the organisation, including the ability to communicate across cultures and the ability to say ‘no’ effectively and without negative consequences.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and be able to interact with diverse stakeholders.
· High integrity and a good team player
· Good writing skills and ability to deliver comprehensive analytical reports
· Excellent organisational and work planning skills, capable of multitasking on a wide range of topics
WHAT’S ON OFFER
· Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an international multi-stakeholder organisation, where making a difference to People, Planet and Prosperity is not just a statement, but what we passionately believe in.
· Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role that offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
RSPO has contracted Global Recruitment Specialists to assist with this recruitment effort. Please email a cover letter and updated resume/CV to:
Jill Solomon, Senior Recruiter
Global Recruitment Specialists "Positioning You for Success"
Norwalk, CT 06851 USA
Telephone: +1- 203-899-0499
**RSPO is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.