Manager, Assurance Europe RSPO
The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) is a not-for-profit, international membership organisation that is working to transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm. To do this, we have united stakeholders from all sectors of the palm oil supply chain and civil society to develop and implement global standards for sustainable palm oil production and procurement.
Since its inception in 2004, RSPO has enjoyed rapid growth and today has close to 5,000 members from 99 countries, including oil palm producers, processors, traders, consumer goods manufacturers, retailers, banks, and non-governmental organisations. Thanks to the commitments and actions of these members, nearly 20% of the global supply of palm oil has already been certified as sustainable.
At RSPO, we believe that a not-for-profit organisation is made successful by the passion, skills, and expertise of its members and staff. We are committed to developing the highest standards of governance that reflect our multi-stakeholder structures and commitment to consensus-based decision-making through inclusive and participative processes.
Reporting to the Head of Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), the Manager of Assurance Europe will be responsible for assurance and technical matters related to the certification of RSPO members in Europe. The Manager of Assurance Europe will work in close alignment with the global Assurance and Technical teams.
The location of this role is Europe.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Manager of Assurance Europe is responsible for managing membership activities in Europe related to credible certification and verification, focusing on regional activities on verification methods (including but not limited to certification) and assurance mechanisms that distinguish RSPO certified sustainable palm oil. This is based on a trusted and credible assurance system that fits the purpose, is transparent and consistent, and will drive support and increase uptake of sustainability requirements, as well as serve as a channel for system improvement and learning.
Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
· To support developments related to the RSPO Supply Chain certification documents within the relevant departments.
· To support RSPO members seeking certification and Certification Bodies (CBs) accredited to conduct Supply Chain certifications in the region and organise alignment meetings with CBs.
· To collaborate with the RSPO Accreditation Body and other relevant service providers in the region, including those that support the CSPO trading platform.
· To develop and populate a database of total palm oil consumption and uptake of Certified Sustainable Palm Oil (CSPO)/Certified Sustainable Palm Kernel Oil (CSPKO) for the region (aggregated by country and industry), in collaboration with the Assurance Department and the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Unit.
· In close collaboration with the Assurance team, to facilitate the work of the RSPO Working Groups and Standing Committees that are responsible to give guidance on all matters related to supply chain certification and develop options for trading in sustainable palm oil without diluting the credibility of RSPO CSPO.
· To conduct periodic observations on all external RSPO endorsed training providers for lead auditors for RSPO supply chain certification in the region to ensure quality and compliance.
· To assist in the organisation of the annual European conference, in close collaboration with the relevant partner(s), stakeholders, and the global Secretariat team.
· Apart from the duties stated above, to perform any duty or duties reasonably assigned.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
· A bachelor’s degree in any relevant majors/fields.
· At least eight years of working experience, with sound experience in certification, verification, and/or assurance systems.
TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE
· Knowledge in agricultural and/or commodity industry, and certification schemes.
· Ability to work in a multi-stakeholder and international environment.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and interact with diverse stakeholders.
· Fluency in English is a must and proficiency in any other major European languages is an advantage.
· Ability to establish cooperation and rapport with internal and external parties of different backgrounds and/or nationalities.
· High integrity and a good team player.
· Goal oriented and organised.
· Self-motivated and self-directed.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Strong in strategic and negotiation skills.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an international multi-stakeholder organisation, where making a difference to People, Planet and Prosperity is not just a statement, but what we passionately believe in.
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role that offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
RSPO has contracted Global Recruitment Specialists to assist with this recruitment effort. Please email a cover letter and updated resume/CV to:
Patrick Shields, Search Manager
Global Recruitment Specialists "Positioning You for Success"
Norwalk, CT 06851 USA
Telephone: +1- 203-899-0499
**RSPO is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.