HEAD, STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT
HEAD, STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT
Client: Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) https://rspo.org/about
Department: STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT
Reporting: DIRECTOR, STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT
Location: FLEXIBLE – PREFERENCE FOR ASEAN
PURPOSE OF POSITION
As a multi-stakeholder organisation, the RSPO relies on creating interconnectivity between civil society, business and governments. Our internal and external stakeholders play a significant role in bringing these often differing groups together.
The Head of Stakeholder Engagement will foster these ties and establish new connections to build upon the wider global engagement program. This individual will support the Global Director of Outreach and Engagement in designing and executing a strategic vision for RSPO and will lead stakeholder engagement with RSPO members, civil society, business leaders and others across the globe, with a focus on key markets such as Indonesia, Malaysia, India, China, the European Union, and the United States.
● Design and implement a stakeholder engagement strategy for the organisation that is aligned with the objectives of the Theory of Change;
● Lead and develop a global team of stakeholder engagement specialists in important RSPO geographies;
● Manage and strengthen affiliations with relevant industry and trade associations;
● Work closely with the Head, Government Relations to develop external policy communications as it relates to key stakeholder groups;
● When required, hire and manage external engagement firms and work with internal and external communications teams;
● Work with members, multistakeholder initiatives, international governmental organisations, and non-governmental organisations to maximise the impact of the efforts of RSPO;
● Finalise the RSPO’s strategic and resourcing plan for the Jurisdictional Approach (JA) and develop realistic timelines and deliverables for approval by SSC, including the development of JA pilots (Sabah, Seruyan, Perak, Jambi)
● Build and maintain political, civil society, NGO and industry relationships, to secure MOUs on critical issues;
● Work seamlessly with the company’s leadership team to understand the complex issues and areas where the RSPO must succeed;
● Coach and motivate staff, identify learning opportunities for staff development and advancement, track work progress in building staff competence on the job and encouraging motivation, pro-activeness, and job satisfaction of all direct reports;
● Expand and further cultivate influential third party endorsers, advocates & champions for smallholders;
● Ensure RSPO is present at global events/platforms;
● Engage more financial institutions on ESG issues and encourage members to support policy development of green financing; and
● Assist with the execution of a high-level COP26 Campaign with internal and external stakeholders.
● Apart from the duties stated above, perform any duty or duties reasonably assigned.
A bachelor’s degree in Political Science or any other related fields.
● A minimum of eight (8) years of working experience in a management role specifically in corporate affairs, stakeholder engagement, or public affairs;
● Experience in a global environment working with diverse groups of stakeholders such as civil society and non-governmental organisations, multinational corporations, government agencies and organs, UN entities, and intergovernmental agencies; and
● Experienced with delivering stakeholder mapping and executing a strategy to socialise complex issues in ASEAN, Europe, and/or the US with a strong record of leading and delivering effective results.
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
● Proven management and leadership skills, including evidence of crafting and successfully executing significant government relations campaigns;
● A skilled internal and external relationship builder, with the ability to construct and maintain strong networks of policy influence within the industry and governing institutions;
● Effective public speaking and presentation skills; and
● Experience communicate complex issues or business strategy to stakeholders.
● Strong business acumen with the ability to synthesise key themes and deliverables from objectives and strategies defined by senior management;
● Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, negotiation, cross-team project management and consensus-building;
● Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and/or projects across complex geographies;
● Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to be effective independently;
● Able to plan, allocate and monitor resources to meet fiscal targets and ensure proper budget management;
● Emotional maturity, patience, curiosity, and a sustained willingness to change one’s mind;
● Demonstrated ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment; and
● Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
HOW TO APPLY
RSPO has contracted Global Recruitment Specialists to assist with this recruitment effort. Please email a cover letter and updated resume/CV to:
Donna Gillotte, Senior Recruiter
Global Recruitment Specialists "Positioning You for Success"
Norwalk, CT 06851 USA
Telephone: +1- 203-899-0499
**RSPO is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.