HEAD OF TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
HEAD OF TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
Client: Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) https://rspo.org/about
Reporting: To the Technical Director
Location: The location ASEAN Preferred
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Head of the Technical Assistance Unit will be responsible for leading and managing the Technical Assistance Unit, ensuring that RSPO members can obtain certification and their Time-Bound Plans by providing technical support and increasing their technical capacity.
Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
1. Provide strategic direction to the RSPO Leadership Team on all matters relevant to technical assistance and build technical capacity to RSPO members seeking certification.
2. To oversee the development and implementation of the Technical Assistance Unit 's work plan and budget.
3. Ensure the technical assistance program is successfully implemented in close coordination with all the technical managers appointed globally.
4. To identify training needs according to needs and develop training programs for RSPO members and service providers to ensure accountability and increased capacity as well as credibility of the RSPO
5. To develop and periodically review and update RSPO training materials, determining appropriateness and relevance to all or any changes to the RSPO requirements, standard and system;
6. Oversee the performance and methodologies of current RSPO endorsed trainers/service providers whilst providing recommendations for improvement in methods and training approaches;
7. To oversee the day to day operations of the Technical Assistance Unit, including development & implementation of the annual plan & budget whilst keeping in line with the wider organisational objectives
Apart from the duties stated above, to perform any duty or duties reasonably assigned
AUTHORITY TO DECIDE
· In agreement with the Technical Director
DESIRED COMPETENCES & QUALIFICATIONS
· A Bachelor's Degree in the field of Environmental Science/Management, Agronomy, Sustainability or related majors.
· Preferably with at least 8 years of experience in agricultural and/or community development, sustainability, audits and/or certification schemes.
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
· Familiar with palm oil sustainability standards scheme (eg. RSPO, MSPO, ISPO etc.)
· Good understanding on RSPO's certification process, farming and supply chains
· Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and/or projects
· Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and interact with different stakeholders
· Proficiency in English with good communication skills
· Ability in establishing cooperation and rapport with internal and external parties of different backgrounds and/or nationalities
· High integrity and a good team player
· Goal oriented and organized
· Self-motivated and self-directed
· Ability to manage a team under pressure
· Strong in strategic and negotiation skills
· Handles multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently, delegating tasks and efficiently and continually move projects forward
· Business Acumen, Knows how businesses work;
· Provides policy advice to officials which knowledgeable in current and possible are consistent with local, national, and future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting international policies and trends
· Reflects industry best practices in the his/her business and organization;
· knows development of organisational-wide policies and the competition;
· is aware of how procedures strategies and tactics work in the understands and analysis past and marketplace. Current market trends.
WHAT'S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an international multi-stakeholder organisation, where making a difference to People, Planet and Prosperity is not just a statement, but what we passionately believe in. Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role that offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
RSPO has contracted Global Recruitment Specialists to assist with this recruitment effort. Please email a cover letter and updated resume/CV to:
Patrick Shields, Search Manager
Global Recruitment Specialists "Positioning You for Success"
Norwalk, CT 06851 USA
Telephone: +1- 203-899-0499
**RSPO is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.