HEAD OF MEMBERSHIP
HEAD OF MEMBERSHIP
Client: Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) https://rspo.org/about
Reporting: To the Chief Operating Officer
Location: The location of this role is flexible
The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) is a not-for-profit, international membership organisation that is working to transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm. To do this, we have united stakeholders from all sectors of the palm oil supply chain and civil society to develop and implement global standards for sustainable palm oil production and procurement.
Since its inception in 2004, RSPO has enjoyed rapid growth and today has close to 5,000 members from 100 countries, including oil palm producers, processors, traders, consumer goods manufacturers, retailers, banks, and non-governmental organisations. Thanks to the commitments and actions of these members, nearly 20% of the global supply of palm oil has already been certified as sustainable.
At RSPO, we believe that a not-for-profit organisation is made successful by the passion, skills, and expertise of its members and staff.
The Head of Membership will be responsible for developing a long-term membership strategy with an enterprise perspective. The incumbent will provide vision for RSPO's
membership recruitment, retention, and outreach activities, with a goal to ensure engagement and satisfaction of both new and existing members. This position will be
accountable for evaluating, developing, and implementing changes to the membership structure in accordance with the needs of the business and members' demand.
The Head of Membership shall also seek to strengthen membership engagement via continuous improvements in the unit operations, and provide necessary support to the RSPO Secretariat on all membership-related issues.
The location of this role is flexible.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
• To develop and implement a strategy to enhance the function of the Membership Unit in order to provide value to members and promote membership growth, as well as support the goals of RSPO's Theory of Change.
• To periodically monitor revenue targets to ensure that they are met and aligned with RSPO's revenue strategy.
• To ensure that the membership fee structure is correctly applied to all membership categories and reflected in Salesforce, MyRSPO, RSPO website, and invoices, and enforce Supply Chain Associate membership fees, fee reductions, etc.
• To analyse membership trends to provide data for revenue projections when preparing and monitoring budget.
• To develop, implement, and improve the membership systems and processes within the Membership Unit, including applications, renewals, suspensions/resignations, onboarding of new members, database, knowledge management, etc.
• To ensure that the RSPO membership database is maintained and the monthly membership reports are produced for internal and external stakeholders, including the analysis of membership data and trends, and recommendations to meet membership goals.
• To develop and implement a dashboard to regularly monitor the progress of member's Time Bound Plans (TBP) and Shared Responsibility rules.
Assist the Chief Operating Officer (COO) in:
• Developing standardised SOPs for convening and administering working groups, task forces, standing committees, and the Board of Governors (BOG).
• Ensuring that an interactive calendar of Committee Meetings that synchronises with BOG meetings is prepared and communicated.
• Developing and publishing the Governance Manual with guidelines on BOG/Committee Membership Rules and Criteria.
• Together with the communications team, to prepare an onboarding video for BOG and Committee members on RSPO Statutes and Governance rules.
• To assist the Chief Executive Officer's (CEO) office in developing a rolling annual work plan for the BOG with designated meetings for governance and strategy.
• To oversee induction and training for new BOG members and co-chairs (including working groups and task forces).
• To develop a mechanism for providing excellent service to existing members, ensuring that updates on matters of strategic importance are communicated in a timely manner.
• To conduct the Annual Members Satisfaction Survey and work with the Data Management team to analyse and report results.
• To engage with existing members to address communications and members satisfaction issues, using the results of the Member Satisfaction Survey.
• To recruit relationship managers for key accounts (smallholders, growers, consumer goods manufacturers/retailers/producers and traders, non-governmental organisations, and finance).
• To strategically create and produce appropriate content for different membership components and communication channels (print, online, and electronic), in collaboration with relevant departments.
• To develop and implement SOPs for the Annual General Assembly, including the management of resolutions, nominations to the BOG, and the e-voting process.
• To design and implement a functional consultation platform for each membership caucus.
• To organise and lead member events, dialogues, workshops, and seminars.
• To oversee the effective daily operations of the Membership Unit, including adherence to all documented procedures and processes.
• To manage relationships and projects with external service providers and ensure projects are completed within the agreed contractual obligations.
• To be responsible and accountable for the budget of the Membership Unit.
• To coach and motivate the Membership team, identify learning opportunities for their development and advancement, track work progress in order to build staff competence on the job and encourage motivation, proactiveness, and job satisfaction of all direct reports.
• Apart from the duties stated above, to perform any duty or duties reasonably assigned.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
• A bachelor's degree in Business Management, International Relations,other relevant fields.
• At least 10 years of experience, with five years of demonstrated experience, preferably in a global membership-based organisation.
• Marketing, or management
TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE
• Practical and thorough knowledge and understanding of managing a membership scheme within a global organisation.
• Extensive experience of using customer relationship management (CRM)/stakeholder management systems, interrogating data, and reporting.
• Ability to analyse data and develop information into reports for wider dissemination or presentation.
• Intermediate to advanced-level of knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Comfortable managing budgets and able to plan and forecast effectively.
• Ability to analyse and implement improvement to operational needs and structure.
• Strong customer service and relationship-building orientation.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
• Superior communication skills (oral and written).
• Familiarity with marketing and communication vehicles.
• High integrity and a good team player.
• Goal-oriented and organised.
• Quantitative and qualitative skills.
• Self-motivated and self-directed.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
WHAT'S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an international multi-stakeholder organisation, where making a difference to People, Planet and Prosperity is not just a statement, but what we passionately believe in. Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role that offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
RSPO has contracted Global Recruitment Specialists to assist with this recruitment effort. Please email a cover letter and updated resume/CV to:
Patrick Shields, Search Manager
Global Recruitment Specialists "Positioning You for Success"
Norwalk, CT 06851 USA
Telephone: +1- 203-899-0499
**RSPO is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted
candidates will be notified.