EXECUTIVE, CLIMATE CHANGE (GHG/ PEAT)
EXECUTIVE, CLIMATE CHANGE (GHG/ PEAT)
Client: Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) https://rspo.org/about
The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) is a not-for-profit, international membership
organisation that is working to transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm. To do this,
we have united stakeholders from all sectors of the palm oil supply chain and civil society to develop
and implement global standards for sustainable palm oil production and procurement.
Since its inception in 2004, RSPO has enjoyed rapid growth and today has 5,000 members from 101
countries, including oil palm producers, processors, traders, consumer goods manufacturers, retailers,
banks, and non-governmental organisations. Thanks to the commitments and actions of these
members, nearly 20% of the global supply of palm oil has already been certified as sustainable.
At RSPO, we believe that a not-for-profit organisation is made successful by the passion, skills, and
expertise of its members and staff. They are the ones who drive our organisation to new heights and
guide us through the next phase of our development.
The Executive Climate Change (GHG/Peat) will be part of the Standards Development Division (SDD)
and will be responsible to assist the Manager, Climate Change (GHG/Peat) in overseeing the
development and implementation of standards, guidance and procedures related to the above criterion.
The location of this role is Malaysia.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
· To assist the Manager in managing and maintaining the PalmGHG calculator software and provide technical support to the Assurance Division in processing submission of PalmGHG reports.
· To provide support to stakeholders on PalmGHG methodology and related queries.
· To assist the Manager in processing the RSPO Peat Inventory and Drainability
· Assessment review submissions by working closely with relevant internal units.
· To compile the data on GHG emissions from PalmGHG and New Planting Procedure (NPP) submissions.
· To assist the Manager in developing standards and procedures relating GHG/Peat within the RSPO P&C requirements and associated processes.
· To take charge in developing/updating relevant GHG and Peat training materials and its translations in line with SDD internal SOPs.
· To assist the Manager in providing capacity building activities within the RSPO Secretariat in the area of GHG & Peat.
· To provide the support to the Manager with task force/working group (e.g., PLWG2, GHG TF) related activities.
· Any other duties reasonably assigned by the CC Head of Unit, CC Manager and/or Director, SDD.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
· Uuniversity degree in Environmental/Sustainable Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
· A minimum of two years of work experience in Sustainability standards, preferably within the Palm Oil Sector. Familiarity with the RSPO P&C 2018 standards and its related
· procedures would be advantageous.
TECHNICAL & PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE
· Fair understanding of GHG emissions monitoring and reporting, and relevant methodologies used for GHG accounting.
· Strong organizational and operational skills.
· Proficiency in English with good communication skills.
· Proficiency in using MS Excel and/or other data visualization and analysis tools.
· High integrity and a good team player.
· Self-motivated and self-directed.
· Ability to be flexible on the implementation of projects and meet given deadlines.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an
international multi-stakeholder organisation, where making a difference to People, Planet and Prosperity
is not just a statement, but what we passionately believe in.
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role that
offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
RSPO has contracted Global Recruitment Specialists to assist with this recruitment effort. Please email a cover letter and updated resume/CV to:
Praveena Praveen, Recruiter
Global Recruitment Specialists "Positioning You for Success"
Norwalk, CT 06851 USA
Telephone: +1- 203-899-0499
**RSPO is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted
candidates will be notified.