Economist / Director of Development Analytics
Client: Integra LLC - http://www.integrallc.com/
Location: Washington, DC
Integra, a small-business international development firm, specializes in the implementation of demand-driven development analytics, monitoring and evaluation (M&E), and capacity building projects. Our technical expertise is broad, encompassing agriculture and food security, economic growth, energy, climate resilience, environment and natural resources, and gender and social inclusion. We have provided analytical and M&E services to donor-funded projects for nine years, working across 45 different countries, impacting millions of stakeholders, and leveraging over $1.2 billion in public and private investment for development reforms.
The Economist / Director of Development Analytics position will lead economic analysis, program design and collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) activities under Integra’s Development Analytics practice area. This practice area is dedicated to providing results-driven analytical support to help inform project design and implementation for clients including the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC). The position will also be responsible for creating business development opportunities and expanding the Development Analytics portfolio.
- Serve as the team lead/subject matter expert on new activities in the areas of agriculture and food security, climate change and the environment, economic growth, education, governance, and health.
- Conduct cost-benefit analysis / cost-effectiveness analysis;
- Conduct inclusive growth diagnostics and make recommendations on reforms that will stimulate both public and private investment and optimize impact on productive assets.
- Ensure a high-quality, professional, and timely completion of project goals and objectives.
- Support international development partner programming in terms of theories of change, scope of work development, results frameworks, strategy development, etc.
Collaborating, Learning and Adapting
- Support USAID and MCC Bureaus, Missions, staff and Implementing Partners to promote evidence-based decision-making to improve program management and development effectiveness.
- Serve as the Director of the Development Analytics Practice Area, responsible for identifying business opportunities, building networks and overseeing project implementation.
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Finance, or a related field;
- Minimum of 10 years experience in economic analysis, including growth diagnostics, cost-benefit analysis, cost-effectiveness analysis, sectoral assessments, and private sector development;
- Minimum of 7 years experience working with USAID and/or MCC;
- Experience serving as a technical expert in quantitative and qualitative analysis, economic modeling, and econometrics;
- Strong organizational skills, writing, research, quantitative and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent command of English, foreign language skills a plus;
- Desire to implement best practices in the international development;
- Cultural understanding and overseas experience highly preferred
- US citizenship or work permit required
Integra has engaged with Global Recruitment Specialist for the recruitment of the MEL position. Expressions of interest can be submitted your application (cover letter and update CV) to: Donna Gillotte, GRS Recruiter at: DGillotte@globalrecruitment.net . EOE