Consultant DQA Specialist
Position: Consultant DQA Specialist
Client: Integra LLC - http://www.integrallc.com/
Location: TBD, but most likely Remote Data Collection working from home
Proposed Start Date: July 2021
Proposed Duration of Assignment: possibly 30-40 days within a year
Integra is an innovative international development firm established in 2010 to bring creative solutions to 21st century challenges. Headquartered in Washington, DC, we use academically grounded analytical tools and private sector partnerships to address key development challenges in the areas of economic growth, agriculture and food security, gender and women’s empowerment, climate and environment, and information and communication technology. Our work has resulted in effective project implementation and policy reforms in over 30 countries and has leveraged over one billion dollars in public and private sector funding.
The USAID Power Africa Office has asked that Integra provide technical assistance for a Data Quality Assessment (DQA) of approximately 17 of their key indicators.
A DQA is a process to help USAID staff and implementing partners understand the strengths and weaknesses of their data and the extent to which the data can be trusted to influence management decisions. A DQA refers to USAID’s standard practice for assessing data quality, documenting any limitations in data quality, and establishing a plan for addressing those limitations. A DQA should be conducted to understand and document the extent that data meet or do not meet the five data quality standards documented in ADS 126.96.36.199:
1. Validity: Data should represent the intended result clearly and adequately.
2. Integrity: Data should have safeguards to minimize risk of bias, transcription error, or data manipulation.
3. Precision: Data should have a sufficient level of detail to permit informed management decision making.
4. Reliability: Data should reflect stable and consistent data collection processes and analysis methods over time.
5. Timeliness: Data should be available at a useful frequency, should be current, and should be timely enough to influence management decision making.
Power Africa will define about 15-20 Economic Growth Indicators to be reviewed and which partners the consultant will work with. The consultant will be responsible for:
1. Desk Review: Reviewing reporting data, PIRS, Mission Order for Monitoring, etc.
2. Field Review (may be done remotely): Verifying data, checking implementing partners’ understanding of the indicators
3. Documentation: Completing the DQA Checklist and updating the indicators’ PIRS
4. Mitigation Plan (as needed): working with the implementing partner and others to address data limitations
· Graduate degree in Statistics, Evaluation or a relevant, quantitative field preferred;
· At least ten years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, preferably with experience working on USAID projects establishing M&E systems, finalizing results frameworks, PMPs, M&E plans, managing M&E databases
· Extensive experience in conducting rigorous and evidence-based DQAs;
· Proven ability to review and update training materials and conduct trainings, findings dissemination sessions using DQA findings;
· Knowledge of the USAID ADS policy, guidance and requirements on DQAs;
· In-depth understanding of USAID performance management standards and guidelines; and
· Experience working in at least two of the 22 countries in Africa where Power Africa is implementing activities;
· Fluency in spoken and written English;
· Familiarity with Power Africa and the energy sector in Africa.
To Apply: Integra, LLC has contracted Global Recruitment Specialists to assist with this recruitment effort. Please email a cover letter and updated resume/CV to:
Patrick Shields, Search Manager
Integra, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer - F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.