Communications and Stakeholder Engagement Specialist Consultant
Communications and Stakeholder Engagement Panelist / Specialist
- Senior-level, Short-term contract assignment
- Integra Government Services International
· Remote position: Ability to travel to Lomé, Togo as needed (post-COVID-19 pandemic)
- Length of Assignments:
- Immediate 2/3-day Evaluation Panel Attendee (March/April 2021)
- 30 days per-year for 3-year assignment
- Required: Professional French Language Capacity
Communications and Stakeholder Engagement Specialist
The Communications and Stakeholder Engagement Specialist will serve as a consultant for Integra under the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) Togo Threshold Program Advisory Services Contract, referred to provide technical expertise, oversight and support to MCC and the Togo Threshold Oversight and Support (O&S) Project, to support to MCC in implementing the Togo Threshold Program. Under this five-year contract, Integra currently provides oversight and support to MCC for threshold implementation via assistance to establish of an Accountable Entity (the Togolese body that will oversee the Threshold Program), document reviews, draft contributions to requests for proposals for implementing partners, and field missions as requested. Moving forward, this work will include the management and oversight of the Togo Threshold project implementers for the ICT and land reform projects as described below, as well as review of terms of reference (TORs) and technical deliverables. This position would report to the Togo O&S Team Lead.
The Togo Threshold Program consists of two projects: 1) the ICT Project and 2) the Land Reform to Accelerate Agricultural Productivity (LRAP) Project. The objectives of the ICT project are to improve access to high quality, reasonably priced ICT services in Togo via: (a) increased competition among existing and future ICT service providers in the sector; (b) the creation and strengthening of an independent regulator that facilitates private sector participation; and (c) targeted investments and incentives, where necessary, to increase service in otherwise unprofitable areas. The LRAP project is designed to improve land tenure security for increased investment in the agricultural sector by expanding access to formalized land that results from identifying and legitimizing customary land rights; moving the legitimized rights into the formal system; improving the formal system of and governance that effectively protects all legitimate land rights; and making access to land more inclusive by ensuring that recognition of women’s rights. The projects will be carried out by two implementing partners and oversight will be provided by Integra.
In providing the requested services, Integra has assembled a team of experts to support the oversight and supervision of the Threshold Program. Immediate responsibilities for the Communications and Stakeholder Engagement Specialist / Panelist will be to serve on a 1–2-day technical evaluation panel to interview and review candidates for the Accountable Entity Communications Director position. It is expected that this immediate need will require 4-5 days level of effort in mid-March / early April. If interested, Integra will consider candidates for only the Panelist portion of the position, separate from the longer-term Specialist position below.
If qualified and interested in a longer-term role, other responsibilities of the Communication and Stakeholder Engagement Specialist / Panelist may include tasks such as providing recommendations on how to ensure greater civil society engagement through the implementing partner contractor; and review of technical assistance terms of reference (TORs) and partnership agreements. This longer-term position will provide an estimated 30-days level of effort per year, over a multi-year period. Qualified experts will have familiarity developing communication strategies, organizing events, and preparing and/or delivering messaging to government and community stakeholders. They must speak French and be available to serve in the evaluation panel and associated training.
· At least a bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, or a related field. A master’s degree is preferred;
· At least 10 years of experience working with/for MCC, USAID, DFID, the World Bank and/or similar international donor organizations;
· Experience working in Francophone Africa. Experience in Togo is preferred but not required;
· Experience working on information and communications technology (ICT) and/or land reform projects is preferred but not required;
· Fluent in English and French;
· Experience with all social aspects of IFC Performance Standard (PS) 1 including stakeholder engagement, community mobilization, grievance mechanisms, and public consultation more broadly. This is preferred for the Panelist position, required for the longer-term Specialist position;
· Experience working closely with government agencies at all levels, civil society, and affected communities;
· Strong ability to work as part of a team, prioritizing and multi-tasking under tight deadlines;
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills; and
· Ability to travel to Lomé, Togo as needed (post-COVID-19 pandemic).
· About the Organization
Integra is an innovative international development firm established in 2010 to bring creative solutions to 21st century challenges. Headquartered in Washington, DC we use academically grounded analytical tools and private sector partnerships to address key development challenges in the areas of economic growth, agriculture and food security, gender and women’s empowerment, climate and environment, and information and communication technology. Our work has resulted in effective project implementation and policy reforms in over 30 countries and has leveraged over one billion dollars in public and private sector funding.
To Apply: Integra, LLC has contracted Global Recruitment Specialists to assist with this recruitment effort. Please email a cover letter and updated resume/CV to:
Patrick Shields, Search Manager
Integra, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer - F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.